Hippo is recruiting for Principal Business Analysts
to join our friendly consultancy. Business Analysts
translate complex business problems and user needs into a set of detailed requirements for the end-to-end service or product, with the appropriate use of epics, features, user stories and defined acceptance. You'll clearly and accurately communicate business requirements and user needs to a variety of stakeholders, including directors, senior leaders and the team, using the appropriate methods of communication or documentation.
As a Principal Consultant
, specialising in Business Analysis
, you'll already be an expert in your field. You'll also be a leader of people and teams and advocate for user-centred design approaches. Hippo will provide exciting opportunities to share your expertise with, and influence, clients and team members, and to develop as a leader.
What you'll do:
- Work with the Product Owner and/or Delivery Manager to establish and maintain a prioritised product, programme or project backlog of what needs to be built
- Work collaboratively with designers to inform the creation and iteration of prototypes for the services or product to solve the problems users face
- Define business process improvements for products or services to inform recommendations identifying clear benefits and contributing to delivery plans
- Use insights from user research and metrics to inform the business analysis approach, and explain your business decisions clearly
- Be an expert in Agile delivery, identifying the best Agile processes for projects and measuring the success of outcomes.
- Run workshops with your team and stakeholders
- Build long-term, strategic relationships with stakeholders
- Advocate and coach in user-centred design, and the use of agile business analysis in particular for the delivery of products or services
- Lead collaboration with various skill sets and provide a high level of support for clients and colleagues within Hippo
- Define the recruitment processes for business analysts, advise on suitability of candidates and lead recruitment interviews
- Encourage and facilitate continuous improvement of the BA team
- Line manage, coach and mentor team members and others to apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques
- Advise and support business analysis colleagues and other members of Agile teams.
- Work with the hippo business analysis community to share best practice to ensure high standards, including attending business analysis events and writing blog posts