As 2nd Line Support Engineer you will be responsible for providing high quality operational and technical application, as well as systems support on a day to day basis. You will work with the Tech support team to deliver superior customer service aligned to company values and aim to consistently exceed all SLAs, SLOs, KPIs and metrics.Client Details
Michael Page Technology are delighted to have partnered with a leading housing organisation to support them with the recruitment of a 2nd Line Support Engineer.DescriptionWhat you'll be doing:
As 2nd Line Support Engineer you will be responsible for providing high quality operational and technical application, as well as systems support on a day to day basis. You will work with the Tech support team to deliver superior customer service aligned to company values and aim to consistently exceed all SLAs, SLOs, KPIs and metrics.Responsibilities:
ProfileKey Skills & Experience:
- To provide high quality operational desktop and systems support to Group functions on day-to-day basis.
- Research and identify solutions to end user software and hardware issues.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Track incidents through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email, or chat, until issues are resolved.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g., software developers, D365).
- Ensure all issues are properly logged.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Maintain centralised knowledgebase (SharePoint) and ensure it kept up to date.
- ITIL Foundation-level knowledge.
- Technically strong with hands on capability.
- Solid communication and diplomacy skills with a strong ability to persuade and influence.
- Experienced working with, troubleshooting and improving Windows Server technologies, Windows 10 and Office 365.
- Understanding of telephony, including mobile devices and soft telephony (VOIP).
- Basic understanding of Wi-Fi and networking.
- Strong documentation skills with high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrable understanding of acceptance testing and effective gatekeeping to defined standards for service management.
£28,000 - £33,000 per annum