This is a fantastic opportunity for a recent Sixth Form and college leaver looking to start their career within accounts/finance.
The client is a certified ACA chartered accountants based in Desborough. They have a client base of 500, working with sole traders, SME's and larger organisations. They provide accountancy services including preparing tax returns, payroll and outsource bookkeeping.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Processing payments, invoices, income, and receipts and entering date into accounting software and databases.
- Filing hard copies.
- Preparing financial statements showing business admin and expenditure.
- Completing VAT returns.
- Verifying the accuracy of business accounts and identifying errors.
- Recording any inconsistencies to help reconcile inaccuracies.
- Preparing employees wages.
- Helping the accountant with administrative duties and preparing yearly accounts.
- A 'can do' attitude.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Confident on the telephone.
- Strong concentration.
- An eye for detail.
- Opportunity to gain a permanent role once successfully completing apprenticeship.
This role is supported by the AAT level 3 + Bookkeeping apprenticeships standard delivered by Starting Off.