About the role
We're looking for a creative and confident Social Media Manager to join our Brand team at an exciting time of growth, for an initial fixed-term period of 6 months.
This is a management role in the PSQ Brand Marketing team, responsible for developing, guiding and monitoring our social media strategy, and leading the execution with full day-to-day responsibility for activity and engagement across key social media platforms. It's a high-profile role, working cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders, and ensuring we deliver consistently creative, on-brand and commercial communications.
The role is ideal for someone who understands the importance of social media strategies and has a proven record in leading and delivering creative campaigns and has an excellent understanding of success measures.Key skills & experienceStrategy
- Develop creative and engaging social media strategies for amplifying Brand campaigns and key Portfolio messages.
- Research and evaluate the latest trends and techniques in order to find new and better ways of measuring social media activity.
- Analyse competitor activity, particularly regarding sentiment vs. other exam boards at key points throughout the year; report regularly.
- Recommend improvements to increase performance and share these with the Marketing Performance team.
- Set targets to increase brand awareness and increase customer engagement.
Stakeholder management & matrix working
- Manage the day-to-day handling of all social media channel; initially Pearson UK Schools Facebook & Twitter, with scope for expanding into LinkedIn and Instagram as strategy suggests, adapting content to suit different channels.
- Manage and facilitate our identified Pearson social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions.
- Oversee, plan and deliver content across different platforms using scheduling tool Sprinklr.
- Develop, launch and manage new campaigns that promote Pearson brand (thematic, portfolio and broader).
- Monitor, track, analyse and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and Sprinklr.
- Manage a budget for social media activities.
Skills and experience
- Work closely with Design team to create engaging multimedia content (and/or outsource this effectively) across multiple platforms.
- Educate other team members on the use of social media and promote its use within and across the team, ensuring Brand strategy is clearly communicated and updates reported on at key milestones and team meetings.
- Encourage collaboration; identify and implement processes to ensure join-up with Portfolio and Performance plans on a termly and monthly basis.
- Form key relationships with influencers across the social media platforms, paying particular attention to engaged and active Primary audience and key campaign stakeholders and partners
- Experience in leading and managing social accounts and creating content; ideally within a social media management role.
- Strong hands-on social media platform experience, using tools such as Sprinklr.
- A proven success growing social media accounts into established platforms.
- Creative, full of ideas, and with an eye for detail.
- Strong communications skills, excellent and confident stakeholder management.
- Analytical and able to understand and interpret data, with a proven track record of results.
Our offices are based in Oxford or London, but you can work from anywhere, and as flexibly as needed around our core hours - we're open to discussing any specific requirements you may have.Contract duration:
6 month fixed term contract.Your Reward & Benefits
We'll expect a lot and we know you'll do great work, so we give a lot back with some of the best benefits in the business. We know that one size doesn't fit all, so our workplace programmes meet the different needs of our diverse teams and their families too. There is a range of options, too many to list here, but when you join our Pearson family you can look forward to:
- A starting holiday of 25 days plus UK public holidays and you'll earn 1 additional day's holiday per year you work with us.
- Generous pension scheme where we match and double what you contribute.
- Maternity, paternity, and family care leave as well as flexible work policies.
- Stock/share purchase options.
- Healthcare and dental plans, and an employee wellbeing assistance programme for you and your family to help balance work, family, and personal life.
- Cycle to work program, gym membership concessions in selected office locations, along with retail and leisure discounts.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose - to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world's leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com. Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist?company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson's commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:? http://careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce