We are recruiting for a well-established co-operative in Ledbury who are on the lookout for an Interim Financial Controller for a period of 6 months (with the potential for extension).
The role of Financial Controller requires an experienced individual with strong commercial and technical skills to play a pivotal role in the restructuring of the Finance Function and the financial success of the business. Whilst day-to-day focus will be in relation to the upkeep of financial information and the continued provision of accurate and timely reporting, both externally and internally, the role encourages autonomy for the individual to improve any areas of the finance function and influence the other departments to increase efficiency.
Responsibilities and duties Key responsibilities include:
• Oversight and responsibility of all finance ledgers
• Monthly Management Accounts pack including accounts, comparison to budget, cost comparisons, departmental KPI analysis, sensitivity analysis, full narrative and Executive Board Summary
• Build a strong relationship with the operational teams to ensure and increase efficient processing, along with recommending and implementing continued improvement in the co-operation between the finance team and other internal stakeholders to assist in improved business practices
• Build a strong relationship with the sales and commercial team providing cost of sale data, pricing matrices and returns analysis to ensure that the product is marketed and sold to the most profitable sale
-Processing/review of staff payroll and monthly/annual submissions
• Preparation and timely submission of VAT Returns
• Budgets & Forecasts including Profit and Loss, Cash Flow and Capital Expenditure
• Responsibility for timely reconciliation of bank, credit card and petty cash.
• Fixed Assets Register maintenance including monthly Depreciation and Funding calculations
• Management of a small finance function
• Delivery of year end audit in co-operation with external auditors
• Quarterly Grant Claims
• Preparation and agreement of operating programmes with individual members, including in year changes
• All quarterly and year end reporting requirements and associated submissions
• Annual Insurance renewal
• Marketing Committee Member
• General office tasks and finance software administration
• Company Secretary duties include, preparation of board minutes, AGM arrangements and pack, keeping registers up to date and filing of Annual returns