An opportunity to join the UK HE marketing team as a Product Marketing Manager has become available. Working alongside Service Development and Portfolio Managers, the Product Marketing Manager manages the end-to-end preparation of the go-to-market phase for a defined set of products and services.
This role requires the ability to draw on market and competitor intelligence and identify target market segments and customer needs to devise internal and external positioning, impactful messaging and a set of insight-based materials that will be pivotal to the successful launch, retention and long-term success of the product or service within the market.
The role affords extensive creative input too in terms of product placement, 'packaging' and copywriting, through to collaborating with sales and campaign teams on an effective 'go-to-market' strategy.
- Product & service preparation and positioning?
- identify?the target market segments, internal and external positioning and devise impactful messaging to?support high impact launches and market penetration??
- use?knowledge of customer needs?and?market dynamics to?produce?insight-based?materials?that will be?a critical resource to support both sales and campaign marketing teams?in their?customer engagement?activity??
- create and evolve customer focused messaging that reflects customer needs, market dynamics and product/service benefits and aligns with the Challenger model?
- participate in?discussions and proposals?for?the pricing proposition and offers for products and services?for appropriate channels and customer segments
- establish structure and delivery milestones around time sensitive launch projects?
- enable?the successful creation of assets for go-to-market teams, including:?demo scripts, video, competitor comparison tools, product samplers, web pages, customer advocacy assets, ads, sales training materials, etc.?
- test?propositions with customer segments to ensure sentiments in messaging are accurate and compelling.?
You will?formalise regular?communication?on new launches and iterative product development?to sales teams within the UK and regional teams around the globe to?ensure?these teams are equipped to sell effectively.???
- Product &?Market Development?
You'll feed market knowledge gathered into product/service development process to enable better market?fit?in future iterations?and identify advocates from established customer base and create assets and events to capture sentiments of advocacy for use by sales and marketing teams?
- Competitive intelligence?
You will identify,?translate and share competitor intelligence with all key stakeholders?through the Customer Insights forum and in?formalized product and service update briefings on a quarterly basis?
- Content production??
- draw on principles of good content design to formulate briefs to external?designers and agencies?and manage?content assets?through to completion, assuring brand identity is adhered to and that content pieces fulfil their purpose
- identify and work closely with design and production suppliers to produce assets required to enable sales and marketing teams?to launch and embed products and services in the market
- create web pages to profile products and services, ensuring these form part of a consistent customer journey on PUK.com??
Your Benefits & Reward
- Ensure?all priority products and services are prepared for market launch?by agreed timeframes. To include the completion of all assets needed for effective ongoing go-to-market activity.??
- Collaborate deeply with?UK & GE?Portfolio Management, Service Development, Sales and Campaign Marketing teams,?employing effective influencing and collaboration skills to bring project teams together and projects to fruition.?
- Actively contribute to the planning of GTM activity ahead of Product & Service Council, drafting proposal of launch plan to be shared in this forum?
- Participate in a quarterly product and service update briefing to sales teams, to include competitive intelligence and market impact discussion on previous launch?suite success.??
- Accompany sales and portfolio/service dev managers on customer visits to develop knowledge of market, customer needs and response to products/services.?
- Contribute to forecasting activity as required to ensure UK and regional market needs are considered.??
- Ensure knowledge of our customer base is kept up to date through regular contact with our customers. This could include attendance at events or on campus with focus on key customer segments, aiming for 3-5 customer contacts per year.?
We'll expect a lot and we know you'll do great work, so we give a lot back with some of the best benefits in the business! Along with learning, development and mentoring opportunities, our range of benefits can support the different needs of our diverse colleagues, and their families too. Joining our Pearson family can provide you with unlimited and truly global career progression options, and you can also look forward to exploring our impressive benefits, such as:
- Flexible options for work from home days.
- A starting holiday of 25 days plus UK public holidays, and you'll earn 1 additional day's holiday per year you work with us.
- Generous pension scheme where we match and double what you contribute.
- Maternity, paternity, and family care leave as well as flexible work policies.
- Shares and stock purchase options.
- Healthcare and dental plans, and an employee wellbeing assistance programme for you and your family to help balance work, family and personal life.
- Cycle to work program, gym membership concessions in selected office locations, along with retail and leisure discounts.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose - to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world's leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com. Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so d