Are you an established Project manager looking for your next move where you can really use your experience to make a difference?
We are looking for a number of project managers to focus on delivering upgrades, updates and enhancements to IT service platforms for our public sector clients. You will lead on complex projects, or take ownership and accountability for multiple projects of moderate complexity. If this sounds like a challenge that you are hungry for, we need to hear from you!
The post is almost entirely home-based working, with occasional client site visits and internal management meetings expected. This working arrangement has proven to be successful in recent months and SSCL intends to continue to support home working wherever practicable.What you'll be doing:
What you'll bring:
- Develop project plans and set robust baselines
- Professional engagement with the customer, subcontractors, third parties and other stakeholders throughout their project's life cycle
- Establish effective and appropriate project controls
- Support and coordinate technical experts in delivery of project outputs
- Maintain a clear understanding of, and regularly report, progress, plans, dependencies, risk and statuses clearly and accurately
- Escalate appropriately through their Senior Project Manager when vital but be comfortable working within agreed tolerances
- Analyse requests for change from the client and support the development of Impact Assessments for new business
- Line manage at least one Assistant PM and provide coaching and mentorship as required
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement activities to develop SSCL processes.
It would be great if you had:
- Current Project Management certification (APM PMQ or DSDM AgilePM preferred)
- Proven Project Management or Project Management Office experience within a relevant commercial/industry/sector environment
- Evidence of the successful delivery of projects utilising both waterfall and agile methodology
- Experience in Project Planning, Risk Management, Managing Conflict, Stakeholder Engagement, Managing Project Finances and Communication of Management Information
- Line management experience
- Experience in IT Project Management and/or delivery of shared services to Government/Public Sector Clients
- Current Membership of an appropriate professional project management body (MAPM preferred)
- Understanding of Software Development life cycles, IT Architectures and Quality Management Metrics
- Experience managing projects remotely
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we're looking for, please do apply, we'd love to hear from you!Employment Type:
Home-based with occasional travelSecurity Clearance Level:
SC or willing to undergo the SC vetting processInternal Recruiter:
£5,400 car allowance, 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, private medical, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fundAlthough this role is advertised as full-time, we support many ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you're interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.Loved reading about this job and want to know more about us?
Shared Services Connected Ltd was established as a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria, in 2013 as part of the Government's Shared Services Strategy for Smarter Government programme and operates from four regional centres of excellence: Blackpool; Newcastle; Newport; and York. We deliver best in class business transformation programmes to across the Public Sector with a target to release one billion pounds of savings to the public.We have established an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large-scale innovative HR, Payroll, IT, and Finance & Accounting solutions to significantly improve efficiencies and enhance service levels across Government and Public Sector.Our clients include several government agencies including the Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice and Home Office as well as the Metropolitan Police Service and the Construction Industry Training Board.