Job: Quality ManagerLocation: - WolverhamptonTerm: PermanentSalary: £35,000 - £45,000 DOE
My client is looking for a Quality Manager
to join their business on a permanent basis in theWolverhampton. You'll work closely with the production and technical teams to find new methods, processes, systems or opportunities to continually improve the quality of the products they provide.The quality manager ensures that the organisations products and services meet all internal and external standards and specifications before leaving the premises. The quality manger is responsible for the effective running of the QMS thereby ensuring certification to IATF 16949 and ISO 9001.Duties and responsibilities:
Qualifications and skills
- Maintain ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 certifications.
- Inspection, measuring and testing of parts and components through the production process
- using various equipment (verniers, micrometres, thickness, and hardness testers) to ensure they meet customer specifications and expectations.
- Complete final audit inspections and issue certificates of compliance (CoC)
- Managing APQP activities including producing PPAP's
- Document and data control.
- Record keeping
- Hold regularly quality meetings and chair Management review meetings
- Maintain and update the quality management systems to ensure compliance
- Maintenance of FMEA & Control Plans
- Compile and submit monthly quality & KPI reports.
- Analyse quality concerns both internal and external and assist in implementing preventative actions.
- Liase with customers on quality concerns and improvements.
- Visiting Customers in response to customer concerns.
- Responsible for calibration of inspection, measuring and test equipment
- Raise or log internal non-conformances.
- Managing a small quality team of 2-3 people.
- Push production for overall quality improvements
- Lead 8D investigations and report back to customers.
- Work closely with the production and technical teams.
- Training of new staff
- Assist with Internal audits Quality, HSE & Environmental.
- Preferably a degree or diploma in engineering (industrial / Mechanical) or equivalent
- Must be computer literate, Excel, Office Word, Outlook
- Must be able to read SPC charts.
- Problem solving a must have.
- Ability to analyse performance of products / services
- Works well in a team environment
- Communicates well
- Attention to detail conflict management
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a quality manager.
- Experience with ISO 9001 and 14001 as a minimum.
- Automotive background advantageous
- Metal finishing background advantageous - electro plating, zinc flake.
- Internal training will be provided by the company on IT systems, products, services, specifications, and coatings.
Monday to Friday 8am - 5pmIf you could be interested in the role as a Quality Manager
, please apply with your latest CV, salary expectation and availability as soon as possible. Call Jeremy
at Premier Engineering on for further information.