My client is one of the UK's most successful specialist financial consultancies managing some of the UK's largest Pension Schemes. Due to continued growth and a desire to develop many of the organisations high profile tools they are keen to recruit a junior programmer to join their development team. Duties will include:
- Involvement in a number of coding projects designed to improve existing tools and make them fit for future
- Development and testing of web based services and databases
- Regular communication with in-house technical and IT experts and 3rd party suppliers
- Developing a good understanding of technical issues and coding required to implement improved solutions
- Developing processes and models
Applicants are likely to be degree educated in a Maths, IT or Science based subject with experience of scripting and using Python. Knowledge of Excel, Tableau, Power BI would also be advantageous. You will possess an analytical mindset and logical approach with a keen interest in data centric applications and analytics and the ability to reason through application performance considerations.
This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious, supportive and motivated team offering a great working environment and the opportunity to develop systems and applications that will help shape the wider business. A generous remuneration package is on offer along with remote working and excellent prospects for development.