Payroll Elite have partnered with this international organisation who are looking to recruit an experienced Payroll Team Leader on a Hybrid working basis.
* Coordinate and oversee the administration of the monthly payrolls, ensuring that payrolls are paid accurately and on time as per Payroll Calendars
* Monitors the Payroll Mailbox for the allocated payrolls
* Documents Checklists and SOPs
* Help ensure that the team is compliant with relevant rules and legislation
* Review Input and Outputs from Payroll providers/ Team members
* Overseeing pension administration and returns
* identifying improvements and efficiencies
* Keep up to date on legislative changes and assist with implementation
* Assist with monthly reconciliation process and resolution of any payroll discrepancies
* Demonstrate and maintain a positive customer service focus to both internal and external payroll customers
* Provides training to new team members
* Raise and track service tickets with the payroll providers or internally
* Work cross functionally with other departments
* Assist with year-end duties such as balancing, reconciliations
* Assist with special projects related to the payroll function
* Carry out problem and error analysis including period end checks
* Deals with complex payroll queries
* Support growth in the company
* Provide cover for Ops lead including by partnering with other Payroll leads on payroll sign off and other high priority tasks
* Coordinate the all payments related to the salaries and 3rd parties
* Other duties as may be required
Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines
Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all company information remains confidential to the business.
Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
Ability to lead, influence and coach others.
Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
5+ years payroll experience is required
Hands-on approach to problem solving
Able to step in and out of day to day payroll related activities where required to support the team
Detailed knowledge of tax regulations and year end processes.
Demonstrable experience of working to deadlines and performing duties under pressure.
Microsoft Excel knowledge to at least Intermediate level.
Ability to see through tasks fully with minimal support ensuring team is kept on board and fully informed
Strong analytical ability and excellent communication skills.
On-site cafe, canteen
Season Ticket Loan after probation
Good Pension scheme 4/7/10% out in the company will match it
28 days holiday, this increases after 3 years
There is a flexi program core times 10am - 4pm, business times are required, with Fridays finishing at 2pm
You can build up a day off (like overtime but only if required)
Reading town centre based. Full time (37.5 hours per week)