Role: Store Manager
Salary: 23 - 26k, plus sales/yearly Bonus, Strong progression route, the better you perform the more money you will earn. Through sales and yearly profit scheme.
Regional/Area Management training and development opportunity, for those looking to develop their career.
As a Store Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the store and supporting all aspects of the business. Our client is a specialist Sports, Health leisure specialist within Footwear, however, Footwear experience is not essential but retail management experience is required at Assistant Management level as a minimum.
This includes running daily operations and leading by example, ensuring consistent levels of quality in all areas of service, the management and motivation of the team, all governed by a strong decision-making ability and sense of responsibility.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Experience of working in retail essential at assistant manager level
• Driving sales and key KPI's through strong leadership.
• Taking control, ownership and accountability of store operations and team performance, including responsibility for opening and closing the store as required.
• Displaying skills in leadership in relation to managing and motivating a team to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
• Being the liaison between staff and management to ensure relationship building in a diplomatic manner.
• Continually supporting the shop floor team, talking to colleagues and customers professionally.
• Handling staff concerns and ensuring investigations are conducted in line with policy, as well as being confident to carry out one to one informal conversations (documented where necessary).
• Picking up any formal complaints.
• Ensuring high standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are consistently met.
• Preparing bank deposits as required and being responsible for this in relation to security.
• Handling cash on a daily basis when serving customers and preparing bank deposits. • Determining customers' needs through professional means and clear communication. • Handling and supporting the team on customer complaints within store, escalating to the Customer Services or Regional Support Manager where necessary.
• Organising special promotions, displays and events.
• Having a keen awareness of product knowledge within stores when advising customers. • Restocking merchandise and assisting the Merchandising team in decisions regarding stock levels.
• Keeping the store tidy and clean, including counters and seating areas, as well as staff room and other communal areas whether visible to customers to not. Skills, experience and abilities: • Confidence, drive and enthusiasm for the role - accentuated by customer interaction • Strong commitment to customer service
• Has strong verbal and communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to build positive relationships with the customer and staff
• Continually reflects strong team spirit
• Has a good understanding of product knowledge
• Possesses a competitive spirit and a desire to sell
• Has positive problem-solving skills
• Keen and ambition to develop leadership skills and demonstrate this to show reliability
Regretfully due to the volume of responses generated A2Z Recruitment Solutions are only in a position to contact those candidates who have been successful.
Keywords: Store Manager, Branch manager, retail manager, Footwear, Assistant Manager, Team leader,