Assistant Buyer. Hybrid Remote / Glossop Office with flexible working (requirement to be office based for initial induction and training period). Salary: £20-23k dependant on skills / experience + Excellent benefits and career progression opportunities.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Buyer to join an award-winning and market leading supplier of rugs to the retail sector B2B. They are a creative, fast moving and growing business. We are keen to hear from candidates with experience as an Assistant Buyer or similar role e.g. Purchasing Assistant or Procurement Assistant.
The company believe that looking after your team, your customers, your suppliers and the environment isn't just the right way to work; it's the only way to work. By being part of the buying team, your key focus will always be going the extra mile in all aspects of the role, which means you will take responsibility for supporting the buying team in their efforts to keep ahead of the market on key trends and build a superb range each season. Assistant Buyer key duties:
- Market knowledge: analyse consumer buying patterns, competitor activities and work with the Buyer to predict future trends.
- Manage a critical path to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Range Building: plan, select and build a commercial range with the Buyer.
- Numbers: analyse, forecast and plan with the Buyer to ensure the most profitable range is implemented.
- Vendor Management: liaising with suppliers (Europe, China, India) on a regular basis via Teams, telephone and email. Support the Buyer in creating a 'Vendor/Factory Strategy'.
- Negotiation: liaising with vendors to agree the most commercial cost price, and where necessary engineering product into a price point.
- Design: have a clear idea of the key trends coming through and be able to translate them into product.
- Experience in an Assistant Buyer role or a relevant role e.g. a Purchasing Assistant, Procurement Assistant
- You must be methodical and accurate in your approach to tasks but most importantly, you will have excellent organisational and communication skills, and the ability to provide full support to the Buyer.
- Experience of working with and liaising with factories (Far East, India, Europe).
- Product development: ensuring they are all "retail ready"
- Range building and category management.
- Critical path management (managing multiple projects at any one time)
- Analytical and costing skills, especially of sales and margin.
- Continual trend analysis translated into our products.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for then please apply attaching your CV.