We are working with one of the world's most successful Fintech organisations who are a true market disruptor. The business are very well established yet continue to grow at a rapid rate and build into new territories. We are looking for a Finance Manager to join their London HQ, the role is broad and will have close interaction with FP&A, operations, internal control, treasury, tax and audit whilst coaching and mentoring part-qualified analysts in the team.
The Role -
- Take ownership of business activity reporting for certain financial statement line items and entities, including driving timely and accurate delivery of inputs from the wider business and direct reports.
- Coach, manage and develop direct reports.
- Review/perform reconciliations and review/post journal entries to ensure all transactions and balances are recorded accurately, timely, and are supportable.
- Proactively help drive the GL close in accordance with the month-end timetable, and work with teams to streamline and standardise month-end processes.
- Deliver work of a high standard and ensure thorough self-review to ensure all transactions and balances are recorded accurately and timely (right first time).
- Support the Managers with the preparation of monthly statutory entity packs (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow) by providing insightful commentary and analysis for financial statement line items and entities for which you are responsible.
- Support preparation of local regulatory/ compliance/ tax reporting for review by the Managers.
- Seek to constantly improve and implement best practice within the team and act as a coach and mentor for part-qualified analysts in the team.
The Person -
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant (or equivalent)
- Good academics (min 2:1) with strong A levels / equivalent
- Must have IFRS experience (with US GAAP and SOX experience beneficial)
- Self-motivated and resilient, able to work in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- Continuous improvement mindset with high attention to detail and a passion for transformation and resolving issue
- Good people manager and motivator