SF Recruitment are working with a business based in Alfreton who are looking for a Finance Assistant on a Temporary to Permanent basis. This is an office based role Monday to Friday working a 37.5 hour week, with on site parking.
As part of the Finance team, you will be responsible for all transactional work within the sales and purchase ledgers, company expenses, and jointly providing a 'front-line' response to any financial queries for the organisation. There is scope to also include responsibility for cash book processing, point-of-sale income and HR admin for the right candidate. You will work closely with (and report to) the Management Accountant and other financial or operational members to achieve and support this purpose.
- Operation of the Xero Accounts system for the key ledgers
- Processing of all sales and purchase invoices/credit notes and the associated receipts and payments
- Communicating with customers and suppliers to resolve queries
- Setting up customer/supplier accounts and providing aged reports as required
- Proactively process and manage staff expenses inc. company credit card
- Processing of all cash book transactions
- Reconciliation of the cash position to the bank statements
- HR administration support
- Filing of information efficiently to support accounting entries to audit standard
- Maintain effective working relationships with other departments
- Problem solving when issues arise
- Actively contribute to centre life as a member of the Finance Team.
Skills, personal attributes and behaviours:
- Initiative, drive and enthusiasm
- Willingness to be flexible, working with colleagues as a team to achieve the required appropriate priorities - undertaking extra duties as and when reasonably required
- Demonstrate a positive, client focused approach to all finance customers both internal and external
- Ability to communicate via phone, email and in person in a positive and clear manner
- Proactive approach to identifying and resolving problems with the ability to determine when to escalate problems to the Management Accountant or take ownership and resolve personally
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Good standard of numeracy and verbal/written English to be able to input data with accuracy and the appropriate detail
- To use initiative but also take direction well
My client is looking for a candidate who has strong all-round accounts experience, which will enable you to hit the ground running. The client is looking to recruit this position on a temporary to permanent basis so please only apply if you are available on short notice