** Maternity Cover**
** September start**
** Good OFSTED Report**
Academics are working with a lovely and supportive secondary school based in Chesham, Buckinghamshire.
They wish to appoint, from September 2022, an exceptional, ambitious, dynamic SENDCO who will play a leading role in delivering the strategic development of the Academy's SEND provision. The successful applicant will oversee all aspects of support for students with SEND by working with external agencies, specialist teachers, educational psychologists, SALT etc. with the aim of raising student achievement. They will also be responsible for overseeing alternative provision, EAL delivery, exams access and lead on CPD for the department which consists of around 30 support staff. If you are an inspirational, highly motivated and talented practitioner then we would like to hear from you.
* Strong leadership and team-building qualities
* An outstanding classroom practitioner who is passionate about teaching and learning
* A commitment to raising the achievement of vulnerable students or those with SEND
* A clear understanding of student support as it relates to students with a range of SEND
* A thorough knowledge of current legislation relating to SEND
* A commitment to raising standards for all
The successful applicant will play their part in furthering the excellent practice that has been recognised in our Learning Support department. Having achieved very positive results for all students, especially SEND in 2021, you will play a vital role in continuing this trend