Project Manager (Skills Bootcamps and Special Projects)Job Type:
Fixed Term Contract until March 2023 with possibility of extensionLocation:
Currently working from home but thereafter located in Huntingdon on an agile working arrangementSalary
: £55,070 per annumThe Role
Our client a Combined Authority is looking for an individual to manage the Department for Education (DfE) Skills Bootcamp project and other Special Projects during the Funding Year 2022-23. As the Project Manager you will have overall responsibility for compliance with external funding requirements and meeting project KPIs.Key Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Act as an advocate, working with local stakeholders to effectively represent and promote both projects to external and internal audiences.
- To develop robust contracts with Legal to ensure all project contractual obligations, expectations and requirements are captured and met through subcontractor and delivery partner arrangements
- Lead, manage and retain a delivery team to deliver to the work streams and achieve the project outcomes
- Build an accountability culture and climate where staff and stakeholders are empowered to achieve results. Embed a structured process for setting objectives, tracking progress, and providing support and direction to address performance gaps.
- Establish and embed robust systems and processes for contract management, financial and risk management and tracking and reporting on key deliverables. Ensure clear accountabilities, transparency and decision-making structures are in place to ensure the hub budget and Grant Funding Agreement reporting requirements are achieved.
- To provide regular detailed and/or high-level project reports, preparing and presenting to key, boards and groups including the Combined Authority Employment and Skills Board and Elected Members, in line with governance arrangements
- To have overall responsibility of Provider performance across key employment and skills projects, including project progress and compliant expenditure
- Lead strategic engagement with stakeholders identifying exemplars of good practice and encouraging them to engage and support the delivery of outcomes of the Business Growth Service
- Strengthening partnerships and developing senior relationships across a wide range of organisations including (but not exclusively):
- Local, regional, and national coaching and business support providers
- Local, regional, and national skills organisations and education/training providers
- Business representative organisations and third sector partners
- Government Departments
- Relevant CPCA Boards and Committees
- Harness energy, input, and support from all senior business leaders in the area to further the aims and outcomes to be delivered across employment and skills projects:
- The Mayor, the Portfolio Holder for Business, the Combined Authority Board, and the Business Board
- Foreign owned businesses located in the area
- Sector cluster bodies and Business networks
- Leading Providers of Business Support
- Be responsible for the strategic development of the projects and related initiatives over time, including horizon scanning and business development to identify suitable Project exit strategies, with the intention of continued delivery of the projects once the funded projects are completed.
- Evidence impact and elevate the achievements of projects ensuring the wider skills team are established as the beacon of best practice, able to influence policy and wider practice on careers across the region and nationally.
- To oversee and manage the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing strategy which aligns to the CPCA strategy including the Employment and Skills Strategy
- Be responsible for the commissioning of new Providers and delivery partners during project initiation and delivery by developing and implementing commissioning and procurement opportunities and working closely with the Procurement Team
- In addition to the above areas of responsibility the position maybe required to undertake any other reasonable duties relating to the broad scope of the position
- Excellent working knowledge of local and national skills and employment policy, funding streams, associated reporting, and the benefits of learning
- A proven track record of engaging with and influencing senior, cross sector stakeholders to drive collaboration and affect change
- Experience of marketing and promotions communications and strategies to engage stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience of people management, including performance, objective setting aligned to goals and proactively addressing underperformance and coaching for improvement.
- Experience of developing and delivering skills and employment programmes in a political environment, including delivery through multiple third parties and contract management
- Strong evidence of initiating and managing the successful delivery of projects with impact and evaluation at their core to drive sustainable change
- Experience of managing skills related advice, guidance, and support programmes for employers
- Experience of complex project management in a time pressured environment
The Combined Authority offers an excellent benefits package of:
- 25 Days Holiday
- Incremental Salary Progression within grade
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Monthly Wellbeing Workshops
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for this Combined Authority, then please do not hesitate in applying with your CV and a covering letter.
The Combined Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who values diversity and promotes equality. The Combined Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by Equality Act 2010. All employment is decided on qualifications, merit, and business need and they encourage applications from all sections of society.