Business Analyst - Data, BI, Reporting, Finance(Outside IR35)
Business Analyst sought by international law firm to join their project and transformation team, focusing on the Data, BI and Reporting elements of a global finance systems program.
As a Business Analyst you'll be heavily involved in the initial gathering and analysis of business requirements and the review of the current reporting portfolio, spanning multiple data sources and systems.
You'll be responsible for identifying gaps and opportunities in business process and the data, and for outlining and communicating new solutions (built in Power BI) and recommendations for improvement.
This is an analysis and communications-focused role, that will then liaise with specialist developers in BI and Reporting (internal and 3rd party resources) who will be responsible for the development of the new reporting platform / cube.
Other responsibilities of the Business Analyst will include:
- Compile and document the existing reporting portfolio, including mapping data sets
- Work closely with business process stakeholders to understand practices and requirements and ensure these are incorporated in new solutions
- Collate and analyse business data to identify / understand opportunities to create insights and to make recommendations
- Communicating potential solutions and recommendations to business process owners and senior management (visually through presentations, and verbally)
- Work with the specialist consultants on the new design, incorporating clearly documented requirements and following an agreed methodology
- Act as the SME / Gatekeeper on acceptance / sign off of different phases of design and development
- Provide reports and updates to the programme leadership team and the business
The ideal Business Analyst will have proven experience working on other large scale data projects, working with large data sets spanning multiple platforms and regions.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge and understanding of data visualisations, warehouses, and insight tools such as Power BI and the MS reporting Stack
- Excellent stakeholder management, including written reports and presentations to board level
- A strong methodological approach to gathering and documenting requirements
- High level of attention to detail
This is a great role for a seasoned Business Analyst with strong data experience - an excellent chance to move into legal and professional services.
Business Analyst - Data, BI, Reporting, Finance