A great opportunity for an experienced Procurement professional to join a leading organisation as a Purchasing Manager to be responsible for a small team and all Direct & Indirect Spend.Key Responsibilities of the Purchasing Manager;
Personal Specification of the Purchasing Manager;
- Lead, coach and develop a high performing purchasing team.
- Set departmental objectives and KPIs, and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice procurement vision, strategy, policies and processes.
- Ensure that purchasing policies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs.
- Create and review opportunities to implement best practice purchasing policies, processes and procedures.
- Evaluate and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
- Ensure purchasing policy, guidelines and any associated documents are in place and updated when required.
- Provide management reports and key performance data and monitor cost savings.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and select and develop new suppliers.
- Negotiate and manage contract terms with suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms.
- Review and negotiate existing agreements to optimise commercial terms.
- Work with suppliers to measure effective performance, quality and compliance.
- Ensure consistent supplier management is applied across the supply base in line with the purchasing policy.
- Degree qualified within a relevant discipline.
- Professional qualifications e.g. MCIPS.
- Proven Purchasing experience.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Strong Communication & Negotiation skills.
- Ability to work using own initiative and to prioritise effectively.
This role would suit a candidate with experience in the following positions; Purchasing Manager, Category Manager, Commodity Manager, Senior Buyer, Lead Buyer, Purchasing Team Leader, Purchasing Supervisor, or Procurement Manager.