Senior Dev Ops Engineer- Hybrid (2 DPW in London), 12-month contract, up to £700 DR (inside)
A very exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Dev Ops engineer to work for one of the largest government organisations.
Candidates must be ready to quickly get to work within an agile multi-disciplinary team of developers, designers, analysts and architects.
We are looking for the kind of person who enjoys a challenge. You will be working with hundreds of microservices across hundreds of instances alongside tens of delivery teams. Day-to-day you will be using your experience and technical skills to support the programme to design, implement, operate and evolve new and existing services and infrastructure. You'll be using well established technologies within strict security constraints, that you're welcome to challenge.
For each item we would like experience with one or more of the named topics or technologies
* Linux Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS 7/8, Use, operate, configure, patch and secure
* Security: TLS& PKI, Cloud Security, CIS Benchmarks, NCSC Cloud Security Principals
* Networking: TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, VPC Peering, VPC Endpoints
* Cloud Provisioning: Terraform, CloudFormation, Packer, Cloud-init
* Cloud Experience: Deploying, Supporting, AWS (compute, networking, storage), GCP (compute, networking, storage)
* Virtualisation: EC2, VMWare
* Monitoring and Metrics: Graphite, Prometheus, Zabbix, Alert Manager, Pagerduty, Cloudwatch, Splunk
* Development Languages: Python, Go, Bash, Ruby
* Testing: Unit Testing, Infrastructure Testing
* Containerisation: Docker, Podman
* Configuration Management: Ansible, Puppet
* Version Control: Git
* Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment: GitLab CI, Jenkins
* Container Orchestration: Kubernetes, Nomad, Docker Swarm, Docker Compose
* Clustering and load balancing: haproxy, traefik, nginx, service mesh (linkerd, istio, consul connect)