Job Position Title:
Pearson Online Learning Services (POLS) UKLocation:
Work from home / 80 Strand, LondonTravel:
Occasional travel to other Pearson offices required.Contract Type:
Associate to mid-levelPearson Online Learning Services (POLS) Unit
This is a great opportunity to be part of Pearson's innovative online learning service. Working in partnership with universities across the country and Pearson's online courses portal (UK Learns); the POLs teams provides marketing, student recruitment, course content development, training and ongoing student support. Our operation can be described as a growing startup business unit, with the backing of a big corporate organisation.About the job
We are looking for a web developer with experience of working with marketing teams, who knows how to deliver a good user experience that effectively drives calls to action. This role will provide development, operational maintenance and interpret web analytics, across web portals, microsites and university hosted campaign landing pages and blogs.
As the web expert in the team, it is crucial that the candidate is passionate about sharing their knowledge and contributing to a collaborative and high performing team culture. One of the most exciting factors of the role is the opportunity to work across different websites, university brands and online courses. There's plenty of opportunity for a tenacious individual to test different tactics, learn from experience, optimise to drive better performance and influence the marketing strategy.
This role will be reporting to the Web and CRO Manager. They will also be working closely with a team of content marketing experts in the delivery and optimisation of all the web platforms.Key Responsibilities:Technical expertise
- Make changes to the WordPress theme templates files as well as create new templates and websites as required.
- Consult with university partner IT teams, agencies, and internal technology to offer solutions on server, web accessibility and security matters.
- Work closely with the web development agency and internal operations team to resolve any website and data capture issues.
- Be the main technical lead on new website launches, directing the agency on the back and front- end development.
- Work with the web agency in supporting the marketing team with anything web CMS and analytics related - training new members of staff through screenshares, creating user-guides, assisting web editors and publishing new pages.
- Conduct regular web admin and maintenance. Including WordPress core and plugin updates, CSs reviews, speed analysis, user management, plugin reviews and more.
- Conduct A/B and other testing of web pages to optimise performance.
- Use analytical tools (like Hotjar and Google Analytics) to report on insights.
- Implement insight driven changes on website - back and front-end.
- Make recommendations on test plans and optimisation to boost audience conversion rate or to drive specific actions.
Analytics and reporting
- Collaborate with designers and UX specialists to advise on wireframes and web designs.
- Work with the agency developers where required.
- Make any direct changes or create variations of the template as required
- Work with the Content Marketing team to determine what information the site will contain
- Implement forms using Form assembly and add any necessary styling as required.
- Be one of the key subject matter experts to any future digital estate development such as mobile apps or learning management portal
- Provide support and technical expertise for bug and other website related issues.
What we are looking for in you
- Contribute to custom reports to show web performance and insights.
- Interpret web analytics and engagement reports: traffic, and lead generation. Flag any issues and recognise any quick wins to boost conversions.
- Work with the Marketing Managers and agencies to manage the Google Analytics, Hotjar, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console accounts, ensuring consistency and efficiency across all accounts.
- Significant experience of building and managing WordPress websites - back and front-end development - Essential
- Experience with A/B & MVT testing- Essential
- Good understanding of UX principles and best practices - Essential
- An expert level understanding of WordPress website architecture, servers, security and accessibility - Essential
- Knowledge of working with Google Analytics, Tag Manager and Search console - Essential
- Experience with working with marketing teams and understanding marketing objectives - Essential
- Create custom plugins to create components in WP bakery - Desirable
- Experience of using form builders, preferably Form Assembly - Desirable
- Experience managing agencies - Desirable
- Experience in developing and maintaining mobile applications - Desirable
- A good understanding of digital marketing tactics - SEO, PPC and social media advertising - Desirable
- Highly organised, with the ability to multitask across different websites and deliverables
- Manage a range of tasks sand projects and be able to prioritise accordingly
- Excellent communication skills
- Diplomatic and calm under pressure
- Curious and innovative
- Great attention to detail
- Great sense of ownership and accountability.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose - to help everyone achieve their potential through l