Seeking candidates interested in working in the recycling and environmental sustainability industry. This position is responsible for ensuring that all non-ferrous metals are processed efficiently, to maximise operational profitability and carry out all activities necessary to ensure the safe de-pollution of all vehicles that come into the depot for disposal. Working in Plymouth, the successful candidate will be part of a team working under the supervision of a knowledgeable and supportive Site Manager.
* Contribute towards the efficient running of the operation.
* Ensure that high standards of housekeeping are maintained.
* Attend any training courses that the company proposes.
* Assist in the scheduling of inward and outward transport.
* Liaise with customers, drivers and contractors who visit the site.
* Ensure that all daily checks are carried out.
* Ensure vehicles are unloaded and stored in a safe and proper manner, in particular when using a Fork Lift Truck.
* Complete month end requirements accurately and efficiently.
* Ensure vehicle details are accurately recorded throughout de-pollution activities.
* Ensure all tyres, wheels and batteries are removed prior to de-pollution.
* Maintain the de-pollution rig, according to the rig maintenance schedule.
* Ensure the rig, tools and surrounding area are kept in a clean and tidy state at all times.
* Exceptional organisational skills
* High level of attention to detail and accuracy
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
* Integrity and confidentiality
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work under pressure
* A full driving licence to enable travel to other sites when necessary
* Previous experience of having worked in heavy industry
* FLT licence would be an advantage
* MSH licence would be an advantage