The Bristol Port Company have an opportunity for Car Drivers to join the team.
Salary: £25,626 per annum
The Bristol Port Company is the UK's premier car handling port with a current throughput of 650,000 vehicles per annum. We have achieved this position against very keen competition from other ports by concentrating on the quality of our service, delivered through a committed workforce. We intend to build on this success by strengthening our team of permanent operatives, whose principal focus is the car trade, although other duties are undertaken when requirements arise.
Car Driver - Key Responsibilities:
Principal duties will include:
- Driving motor vehicles on and off vessels and between compounds
- Lashing and unlashing vehicles
- Marshalling drivers
- Monitoring quality standards
There will also be opportunities to work on our other trades.
Car Driver - Hours:
The basic working month will be 169.5 hours, which will be worked in any combination of the comprehensive range of shift patterns which operate at the Port, and which are varied from time to time in order to meet changing requirements. Shifts operate over 24 hours per day and seven days per week.
Shifts may be ordered, in any combination, over 7 days, at the Company's option; thus rest days may fall on any day of the week. Overtime payments will be made after 169.5 hours per month have been worked. Overtime will be paid at time plus one quarter for the first 24 hours in any month and at the rate of time plus one half thereafter.
Car Driver - Benefits:
A comprehensive benefits package is offered including:
- Basic Starting Salary: £25,626 per annum
- Holidays: 25 days per annum, plus up to 8 additional days where Bank Holidays have been worked as part of the basic week
- Profit related pay: A scheme currently operates which rewards all employees with a share of Company profits
- Company Pension Scheme
- Sick Pay: An occupational sick pay scheme is in operation for all employees with at least one year's service
- Subsidised Canteens
- Free access to onsite gym
To apply for this Car Driver position, press 'Apply' today! You will be provided with an application form that must be completed and returned to Bristol Port Company.
Only candidates who have the right to work in the UK will be considered for this role