Our client is a major global player in the Nuclear industry. Operating on a UK Nuclear licensed site specialising in safe, cost effective and reliable uranium enrichment services based in Capenhurst, Chester.
The purpose of this role is to ensure engineering resource and capability assigned to deliver capital projects are technically fit for purpose and meet the statutory requirements.
Its remit stretches from project engineering and design strategies, through supplier selection and evaluation, to direct delivery of engineering/design scope for selected projects.
The Project Engineering Manager combines solid generalist understanding of a wide range of engineering disciplines ensuring the management of multiple engineering disciplines which shall deliver integrated design solutions of a moderate to high complexity.
- Develop and implement engineering/design strategies, suitable to deliver against objectives for assigned projects
- Ensures design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications and legislation
- Report on project technical scope performance against the baseline plan and stated benefits of the project
- Provide technical direction to supply chain for the negotiation of the purchase of any goods and/or services
- Work in conjunction with the Project Manager and Construction Manager to ensure that all engineering works meet the quality and HSE requirements of the contract
- Work in conjunction with the Project Manager and Construction Manager to ensure adequate resources, in terms of quality and quantity are available to ensure efficient and timely execution of construction activities in line with the schedule
- Works within the time schedules, man-hour budgets, project policies, and specifications established for the project or contract
- Delivery of engineering/design solutions to meet project safety, cost, schedule and business benefits objectives
- Identify the technical deliverables, based on the scope agreed by the Project Manager, and use these as a basis to assist in the provision the project estimates and project execution plan
- Minimum 5 years full design project lifecycle experience
- Demonstrable track record in successful project delivery involving Technology internationally in a responsible leadership role
- Demonstrable success in Engineering Management
- Proven leadership experience and ability to work with minimum supervision