Choice Teachers are an Education agency which helps place people into positions in local Schools in Hertfordshire & Bedfordshire. If you have experience in supporting young people and would be interested in being placed into local settings please get in touch as we have various roles available.
We are working with a great Secondary School in Bedfordshire to provide Teaching Assistants on a day to day basis. As aTeaching Assistant, you will be expected to do the following:
• To support and supervise pupils, delivering programmes under the direction of the class teacher whilst promoting pupil independence throughout.
• To attend to the personal care needs of pupils. This may include toileting, other hygiene needs, help with dressing and/or assisting with feeding as required.
• To assess and share pupil's progress and achievements.
• To develop and extend learning opportunities based on pupils prior learning.
• To have high expectations of pupils behaviour and maintain classroom discipline.
• To work collaboratively with colleagues as part of a professional team, in particular the class teacher, the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) and other teaching assistants.
Dates required: We are looking for staff to join ASAP and have can offer work on a day to day cover basis. Our aim is to find you work every day that you are available (Monday-Friday).
If you are interested in this role please apply with your CV and you will be contacted within 24 hours.
Please note that to be successful, you will need to provide the following:
*Proof of Right to Work in the UK
*Proof of Qualifications.
*2 proofs of address
*A Valid DBS (if you do not already have one you will be able to apply for a new one through Choice Teachers)
*2 professional references (we must have one from your last employer and must cover at least the last two years)