Our client is an expanding and forward thinking ambitious company who are well established and well known within the cable, wiring accessories and electrical insulation industries both in the UK and Europe. They also sell via highly successful ecommerce sites
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within the business for a Purchasing / Procurement Manager to be responsible for developing and maintaining the company supply chain and to work proactively to deliver cost efficiency without compromising on quality. You will lead and encourage the small purchasing team within the company.
The main elements in this role include overseeing all buying procedures, negotiating favourable terms, placing orders with suppliers, sourcing and negotiating competitive prices on materials.
* Manage, organise workload and ensure the purchasing team are selling effectively to suppliers in order to get the best pricing, delivery and terms.
* Provide support and guidance to the purchasing team, dealing with the more complex enquiries and escalations.
* Manage and review Minimum Stock levels
* Review proposals from the purchasing team
* Place forward orders with suppliers
* Negotiate best price and terms with suppliers
* Delegate effectively to a small team of around 3 people
* Deal with enquiries from the sales team for customer requirements
Skills and Attributes
* Have good Leadership skills
* Have strong negotiation skills
* Excellent Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise in a fast paced environment
* You need to be methodical in your approach and have the ability to work through issues in an efficient and effective manner
* Ability to cope with demanding deadlines and a complex and varied workload
* You will be of the mind set to always seize opportunities to add value or apply cost savings in line with company standards
Hours of work are 9am -5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4pm Friday
There will be a competitive salary with pension, free car parking and staff discounts.
Please send your cv to Adrian Browning at Executive Recruitment via the apply button