My client is a global real estate investment manager with more than $73.4 billion of private and public real estate assets under management and over 900 employees in 15 countries worldwide. Their diverse investor base includes public and private pension funds, insurance companies, governments, endowments and high net worth investors from across the globe. They sponsor private separate accounts, private open and closed-end commingled funds, and public real estate securities programs. The investment teams also draw on intelligence and resources of their parent company, giving us unique access to market opportunities and key industry leaders. My client has the ambition, creativity and opportunity to be a global leader in technology-driven real estate investment management, and the successful candidate will have a key role in driving this transformation.Team Overview:
The operations team is responsible for working with senior leaders in driving the businesses' vision and operational strategy. It is responsible for implementing strategic initiatives and has a key role in solving complex problems, implementing solutions and driving change by design and implementing business operations, establishing policies and procedures that promote company culture and vision. It ensures there is a robust operating platform for the investment business, covering core, value add and debt across Europe.
The operations team is compromised of Head of Business Development, Performance and Data Analytics and Change Management.The Role:
The role is part of a core team working on the management and coordination of the delivery of a number of significant European strategic initiatives that will ensure the business achieves its ambitious growth targets. This role is focused on process standardisation, reporting and other ad hoc needs. It reports to the change and delivery manager and is working alongside the Operations Project Lead.
This is a varied and flexible role working very closely with stakeholders across both the European and the wider business. It is an opportunity to join a team that is at the heart of driving change across the organisation.
This role will be an initial 12 month FTC.Responsibilities:
Experience & Competencies:
- Contribute to transformation initiatives and projects
- Lead process improvement activity, including reviewing and recording business processes in detail, process mapping, capturing new requests and requirements, championing efficiency in process design, acting as a voice for the process and critical friend to the business.
- Collate and document detailed information into high level summaries and conversely, build out detail from high level information, including support to Project Initiation Documents and Return on Investment measures.
- Facilitate and support workshops, capturing outputs and working closely with Process Owners and stakeholders to summarise and present findings.
- Assimilating and assessing information to understand the impact of changes to process and the challenges to adoption.
- Actively identify, quantify and record all risks, issues and opportunities on applicable initiatives and projects.
- Experience within investment management, ideally real estate, working in an operations or consulting role
- Understanding and experience of process mapping business activity to system functionally
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exposure to Project Management tools and techniques, including planning, risk management an benefits tracking
- Workshop delivery and facilitation experience
- Experience gathering and documenting business requirements
- Strong organisational skills, including multi-tasking and time management, able to prioritise conflicting demands to meet challenging deadlines.
- Experience managing stakeholder relationships and managing expectations.
- Strategic and critical thinker
- Accept and embrace business change
- Questions the norm
- Acting as a trusted advisor to the business
- Courage to facilitate effective and honest conversations.