Matchtech are excited to be working alongside a major Tier 1 Highways Contractor in the Crawley/Smallfield area, and as result we have a live opportunity for a freelance Quantity Surveyor.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the purpose of this role is to carry out financial control of subcontract and internal scheme and maintenance works, including estimating, negotiating prices, identifying and agreeing the value of additional works, interim valuations, final accounts.
* The financial control of works
* Managing Early Warnings and compensation events
* Identification & control of commercial risk and opportunity from inception to completion
* The provision of accurate measurements advice and assistance
* The accurate measurement, cost control and settlement of final accounts
* Knowledge of Highway works
* Working knowledge of NEC3/4
* Financial control of works to comply with client's specifications and contract
* The management of commercial risk
* Prompt identification and evaluation of additional works
* Producing robust estimates
* Settlement of final accounts
* Negotiate target prices with supply chain
* Comply with the Integrated Management System
This role is inside of IR35, so any successful applicant will have to work under a PAYE/UMBRELLA model.
Working in the office initially with agreements to work from home once settled
Working Hours - 9 hours per day
Experience in highways or rail ideal but not essential