Techmodal are looking for talented individuals to work on a number of exciting Defence projects at our client site based at Abbey Wood, the successful candidate will be managing project controls within departments such as Land, Submarine Delivery Agency, Air Support, Joint Enablers and the Ships.
The successful candidate would benefit from having a previous experience working within an engineering or defence environment.
The daily rate is between £260 and £340 depending on the level of experience required for the role (operating inside IR35).
The roles offer flexible hours (40hours a week) and you will be required to work on our client site in North Bristol 2-3days/week.
As a Project Controls Manager, you will be:
* Managing all stages of the project from proposal and planning, monitoring through to implementation and completion ensuring the application of project controls processed is applied
* Managing or undertaking day to day project controls activities:
* Identifying, analysing and providing innovative solutions to cost management and planning/scheduling problems
* Schedule development, maintenance, monitoring, impact identification and recovery plan development activities
* Proactively supporting the Project Manager
Additional activities will include:
* Estimating, allocating, levelling and forecasting resource
* Monthly reporting including the generation of portfolio/project dashboards and associated analysis and recommendations
* Providing risk data to support cost model and schedule updates
* Overseeing relevant project data to identify problems and propose effective solutions or changes
* Risk analysis and management
* Co-ordinating with contractors and schedulers to provide weekly/monthly updates in relation to schedule and cost
* Creating and maintaining underpinning cost estimates which capture all scope to be executed, including 3rd party costs
* Scenario and strategic planning
* Hold valid security clearance (SC) to work on site
* Hold a UK passport
* Have 3 to 5 years' experience in a similar role
* In depth understanding of P3M practices
* Have previous experience using Primavera