About The Role This role owns and drives the use of ITIL best practice across the organisation
ensuring all CBS Systems and Applications maintain a strong Service foundation. Required to be:
- An SME in aligned ITIL Process area, championing Service Management excellence and thinking.
- Drive the appropriate use and adoption of ITIL Process within the Product Model adapting and adopting to ensure alignment to Service and Business goals are met.
- Planning activities ensuring Service Management deliverable's are highlighted, understood and factored into subsequent scheduling / resourcing plans.
- Working flexibility continually assesses ways of working in order to develop or revise artefacts and processes that improve team efficiency and effectiveness.
- A role model within the team who provides mentoring and coaching to peers and junior team members.
This is a leadership role
as defined by the Coventry's leadership capability framework. In the teams that you work in and/or manage you will create an inclusive environment where people feel safe to speak up, voice concerns and suggest ideas. You will seek input from others in order to test assumptions, challenge thinking and bring in new perspectives.
An authentic 'servant-leader'
who takes responsibility for ensuring the team's success ahead of your own needs. You take a coaching approach and empower others to make decisions that lead to great outcomes.
- Passionate about ensuring the business delivers a great customer service and experience.
- Seeking to understand how decisions impact the end user and asking question to gain insight into the customer perspective and experience.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Learn from mistakes and use the experience to change how you and the team respond to similar situations in the future.
- Intellectually curious; you encourage ideas and challenge.
- Highly self-aware and emotionally intelligent, you understand your impact on others and take time to understand all colleagues and help them to operate at their best.
- Mindful resilience whilst maintaining energy and enthusiasm, and embrace situations positively.
- Proven record of the Major Incident & Problem Management function to ensuring that they are fit for purpose and are followed by all performers to include:
- Chairing of post incident reviews to determine and assign preventative and/or corrective actions to the appropriate audiences.
- IT Service principal advisory in controls for Incident and Problem Management - identifying significant and probable threats and advising on appropriate preventative steps.
- Convening Senior Management as needed or requested, in addressing the incident issues that arise.
- Leads investigations of serious incidents, engages with external parties, issues responses and notifies others of their actions.
- Provides leadership, direction and guidance in assessing and evaluating future potential threats to incident and problem management and communicates with all concerned parties.
- Maintains regular contact with senior managers in IT and across the business, establishing standards for incident and problem management processes and procedures.
- Ensuring risk, issues and decisions are escalated appropriately/
- Engages with 3rd Parties where appropriate to ensure delivery of the agreed IT strategy.
- Demonstrable broad expertise across all process disciplines with SME knowledge in chosen specialist areas.
- Professional ITIL certification or similar required.Working knowledge of other ITIL processes outside of specialist area
- Experience of using the Microsoft Office products to create and manage documentation, as well as use of ServiceNow as the primary Service Management tool
This role sits within the IT Service Job family and graded at Senior Professional/Technical.
If you're looking to make an application and wish to speak to the hiring manager, please link in with Aud Cassidy.
About The Company IT at the Coventry is changing
; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously. Belief | Purpose | Values | Ambition
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
- We're committed to making the Society a greener place to work
- We want to be fully Carbon Neutral by 2030
- Signed up to Energy Schemes
- Community - Giving our city and our communities the power to be better off through life
- To be the best mortgage and savings provider in the UK
- Put our Members First
- Giving people to power to be better off through life