UK - London - Brentford Posted Date:
May 9 2022Why GSK?
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggest changes we've made to our business in over 20 years. We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact
- with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together. Job title: Principal Product Designer - FTC ( 12 months) Job purpose:
R&D Tech strive to deliver products and services to our R&D customers that meet the needs of the business whilst being intuitive, efficient, effective and satisfying to use. We require a skilled Product Designer / Business Consultant with experience in business- and user-centred analysis, and an understanding of design and process improvement, to join our Product Family Team. They will help deliver better user experiences and business processes within our application portfolio, identifying opportunities to improve systems and processes whilst advocating a user-centred focus within Agile ways of working. Key responsibilities
- Optimising the delivery of business value through business partnering, process improvement, user research and user-centred design.
- Performing user research through qualitative enquiry, quantitative data analysis and user testing within the R&D customer base of this product family area.
- Applying Design Thinking principles to Define Prototypes of potential solutions
- Obtaining and propagating a solid understanding of the business domain and processes within a product family area, capturing user goals, needs and expectations and translating these into personas, journeys and user stories that support strategic improvements.
- Spearheading process optimisation through process modelling and service design, taking into consideration the product strategies within the product family area, along with system and data landscapes.
- Driving experience design activities to improve user interfaces and task flows through wireframing, prototyping and ideation workshops.
- Working closely with the Product Owners and other members of the product team within the product family, with a clear focus on delivering value quickly while helping to steer the product area towards business- and user-centred improvements.
- Engaging with the R&D Tech UX & Design Team to support the maturity of UX and Design across R&D Tech, specifically working with other UX practitioners and sharing experiences.
- Partnering with the business area to understand their challenges and needs, whilst working to manage system and process changes within these user groups, helping ensure smooth deployments and satisfied customers.
- Keeping up with internal and external trends in your product family area, including mobile, wearables and social media.
- Good experience in working in an IT product related industry, with experience in IT software analysis, design and delivery, with solid experience in the areas of user research, experience design and service design.
- Practical experience in software design and delivery (both analytical and technical) along with interest in the UX space is the core capability of this role.
- Problem Solving & innovation skills required: Improving product designs covers a wide range of problem areas not necessarily related to just systems, involving the review of business processes, training strategies and policies.
- Good understanding of the problem will be needed with the business context to look for alternatives which may require out-of-the-box approaches to deliver meaningful value. Systems also have their limitation with software as a service (SaaS) or commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions, so being able to influence 3rd party providers on future product design decisions is key, whilst knowing how to navigate around those challenges in the short term.
- Good communication skills to bring credible quantitative & qualitative data to bear in influencing processes and user experiences within a business context for business & Tech stakeholders.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.