Senior Data Engineer
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you're encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It's important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table - so we'd love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.We are/have:
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
As a Data Engineer
at Capco you will be
Why Join Capco as a Senior Data Engineer?
- Work alongside clients to interpret requirements and define industry-leading solutions
- Design and develop robust, well tested data pipelines
- Demonstrate and help clients adhere to best practices in engineering and SDLC
- Excellent knowledge of building event-driven, loosely coupled distributed applications
- Experience in developing both on-premise and cloud-based solutions
- Good understanding of key security technologies, protocols e.g. TLS, OAuth, Encryption
- Support internal Capco capabilities by sharing insight, experience and credentials
Skills & Expertise:
- You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- You'll be part of digital engineering team that develop new and enhance existing financial and data solutions, having the opportunity to work on exciting greenfield projects as well as on established Tier1 bank applications adopted by millions of users.
- You'll be involved in digital and data transformation processes through a continuous delivery model.
- You will work on automating and optimising data engineering processes, develop robust and fault tolerant data solutions both on cloud and on-premise deployments.
- You'll be able to work across different data, cloud and messaging technology stacks.
- You'll have an opportunity to learn and work with specialised data and cloud technologies to widen the skill set.
You will have experience working with some of the following Methodologies/Technologies;
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
- Strong cloud provider's experience on at least one of AWS, Azure or GCP
- Hands on experience using Scala/JAVA
- Experience in most of data and cloud technologies such as Hadoop, HIVE, Spark, Pig, SQOOP, Flume, PySpark, Databricks, Cloudera, Airflow, Oozie, S3, Glue, Athena, Terraform etc.
- Experience with schema design using semi-structured and structured data structures
- Experience on messaging technologies - Kafka, Spark Streaming, Amazon Kinesis
- Strong experience in SQL
- Good understanding of the differences and tradeoff between SQL and NoSQL, ETL and ELT
- Understanding of containerisation, Graph Databases and ML Algorithms
- Experience with data lake formation and data warehousing principles and technologies - BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake
- Experience using version control tool such as Git
- Experiencing building CI/CD Pipelines on Jenkins, CircleCI
- Enthusiasm and ability to pick up new technologies as needed to solve your problems