With 600 plus people working in France, Italy, UK, Spain, Portugal, Poland and Netherlands the company is one of the European leaders in the thermal engineering sector producing industrial boilers, burners and other equipment which provide our customers with a complete and innovative range of equipment and services.
This is an initial 6-month fixed term contract potentially to be extended for the right candidate, working for the Senior Financial Accountant of the organisation based in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire.
The position will play a key role within the Financial Accounting and Reporting team that will primarily focus on balance sheet reconciliations including the bank and preparation of monthly journals including depreciation, accruals, prepayments and assisting with intercompany. This position will suit a part qualified or newly qualified accountant (finalist or newly qualified ACCA/CIMA/AAT) with at least 3 years of financial accounting experience.What does the role involve?
What qualities required to perform this role?
- Responsible performing the balance sheet account reconciliations, including the bank monthly and according to Group guidelines.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
- Preparation and processing of monthly standard journals such as prepayments, accruals, depreciation.
- Assist with the annual stock take and other tasks within the finance department.
- Support the financial reporting process when required.
- Be involved in the testing of scenarios to migrate financials to the new ERP (Oracle Netsuite).
- Excellent communication and attention to detail skills.
- High numeracy and sound technical skills.
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature.
- Good time management skills, flexible approach to work and to prioritise.
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships.
- Good IT skills such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Oracle experience an advantage but not essential.
Hours: Start time 9.00 to 17.30 Monday to Thursday and 9.00 to 16.30 on Fridays.