Consultant PsychiatristLocation: Wisbech, CambridgeHours: 22.5
hours per weekSalary:
£80,000 - £110,000 per annum, pro rata
The Willows Hospital is a 14-bedded unit providing mental health rehabilitation for adult service users with complex mental health needs that impact their recovery to live in the community. The hospital opened in March 2020 in Wisbech, North Cambridgeshire, providing specialist assessment, treatment and support to stabilise service users' symptoms and help them regain the skills and confidence to live successfully in the community. A holistic MDT approach facilitates assessment, treatment and review of both mental and physical wellbeing.This roles will involve:
- Responsible Clinician for up to 14 patients.
- Offering medical leadership to the service working closely with the Hospital Manager to ensure a robust clinical governance framework is adhered to.
- Contributing to the supervision and specialist training of members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, or equivalent
- Full General Medical Council registration
- Be on the Specialist Register
- Evidence of either dual training or the development of a special interest in learning disability psychiatry (desirable)
- Approved Clinician status (Section 12, Mental Health Act)
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in busy environment
- Able to evidence good multi-disciplinary team working while working as the only psychiatric practitioner on site
- Driving License and/or the ability to travel between sites
Successful candidates will have to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.Who we are!
The CareTech Group; established in 1994, and is one of the largest providers of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for vulnerable people to live in community settings. We support people to take control of their lives - this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
CareTech Community Services are proud to inform you that they are a "Disability Confident Leader".
Successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employers.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES