We are working with one of the largest international banking group who hold a subsidiary in the UK with branches overseas in Hong Kong, Dubai, and Sydney, as well as representative offices at Abu Dhabi, and a banking joint venture in Malaysia. The Bank specialise in international trade and corporate loans between UK and other parts of the world.
As a Credit Analyst, you will be responsible for the following:
Expectations and Requirements
- Processing and recommendation of credit proposals including syndicated loans, corporate loans, SME and other business loans to the appropriate authority.
- Support all phases of the transaction cycle starting from deal origination, financial analysis, deal structuring, execution, due diligence, and post completion review/ renewals and follow up.
- Undertake financial analysis to identify all material financial risks and opportunities across a range of lending requests from customers and ensure quality credit underwriting within the Banks risk appetite taking account of counterparty and sector trends.
- Timely processing and recommendation of review/renewal proposals/miscellaneous request/new business and placing before respective authority through proper channel/
- Carrying out internal risk ratings of the borrowers.
- Periodic inspection of borrowers business and projects to ensure adherence to covenants as per sanctioned proposal.
- Participate in transaction meetings with Head Corporate Lending and where appropriate attend client due diligent meetings.
- Proper maintenance and storage of loan documentation and also to ensure the document remains live and valid.
- Covenant compliance - pre as well as post disbursement.
- Following up with customers for necessary papers required for review and renewal of loan accounts and placing before respective committees for approval before due date.
- Preparation and submission of required reports/information for internal and external requirements of the bank and also MIS, both independently and in coordination with the Risk Management Department/Other department.
- Produce regular portfolio reports on exposures, LGDs, asset concentrations, security coverage, performance trends, etc working in conjunction with the Banks vision and business plan.
For more jobs like this, search Market Talent on google - go direct to our website for more live roles and even set up your own job alerts.
- At least over a year's worth of experience in Credit Analysis from a Bank or financial services
- Ideally hold good understanding of Corporate loans including Syndicated loans,
- Good understanding of Credit processing and approval
- Monitoring accounts - which includes undertaking follow ups, meetings, and telephonic talk with prospective and existing customers.
- Proven experience in conducting financial analysis of corporate's balance sheet, Profit and loss account and sales/revenue.