Seasonal Sales AssistantLocation: LondonSalary: £10.50 per hourHours: Full TimeContract: SeasonalPlease note,
we are looking for new staff to start in May till September who can work both Saturday and Sunday as weekends are our busiest time. The hours will vary between 30 hours a week, 24 hours per week or less.Overview
Our terrific Tigers, merry Meerkats and gorgeous Gorillas are just a few of the amazing animals who enthral our visitors of all ages at ZSL London Zoo. We want you to work hard at having fun making special memories for our visitors whilst helping us raise funds for our vital conservation work all over the world.Role Profile
We are looking for new team members to join our Retail team at ZSL London Zoo. Our retail staff are our front-line stars, your interaction with our customers must have that extra factor that will make their day. As a result, we need confident, dedicated individuals to help deliver the best possible experience for our visitors across our shops and ticket entrances.Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining a high level of customer service, dealing efficiently and courteously with any questions or requested information.
- Ensure that all shops areas are fully operational and that any issues are raised with the Retail management team.
- Maximise revenue for the charity by proactively upselling to our visitors and maintaining good stock levels in all outlets through regular stock replenishment.
- Ensure that all business systems and operational procedures are followed.
- Develop and maintain good up to date knowledge of all retail promotions and zoo activities actively promoting and looking for opportunities to up sell the same.
- Takes care in the security and accuracy of all areas of cash handling.
- Uses initiative to suggest ways to promote our brand values and conservation messages.
- Follows security procedures to ensure the protection of staff, visitors and ZSL's assets.
- Be approachable and courteous to all visitors and team members at all times.
Although experience matters to us we are more focused on getting the right person for the role. As a result, candidate will ideally have:
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 12th June 2022
- A positive can-do attitude is essential.
- Strong communication skills are essential.
- Previous customer service skills.
- Be self-driven and passionate about selling.
- An understanding of appropriate cash-handling procedures.
- Have experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Be a strong team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evening/weekend and bank holiday shifts.
- An interest in animal conservation is desirable.
We will be holding interviews on 15th and 16th June with the aim for peope to start on 28th June 2022.If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the apply button to be directed to our website.
No agencies please.