Altum are excited to partner with a growing market research company to find them a Commercial Controller who can work with a small finance team and help to increase project returns and create new opportunities for the business to develop.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will provide analysis and drive profitability. You will work across multiple teams to understand the business and collaborate with multiple people to drive results. This is a fast-paced environment, so the successful candidate will need to be efficient, collaborative, and work proactively within the business. This is an excellent opportunity to add value to a growing company.Key Responsibilities
- Create and implement initiatives to increase profit, e.g.
- Client profitability- Identify and prioritise accounts according to performance
- Regularly collaborate with multiple research team leaders to provide insights into account performance
- Support the Director of Research Operations to improve efficiency across the business.
- Develop and refine the Board reporting process to produce clear insights and guidance
- Identify opportunities for cost savings
- Improve the efficiency of the online data systems and automate processes e.g., data transfers from internal costing tools to client tools
- Produce crucial analysis of project performance and assure any information is understood by team leaders
- Collaborate with the team to create monthly reports for each business unit
- Ensure the teams understand all relevant data within the system; promote awareness and educate the teams on best practice
- Aid the teams to produce relevant goals and inspire them to continually improve and maintain the highest standards of work
- Take ownership of the implementation of the new system
- Aim to progress the business reporting on a global scale
- Mentor the Commercial Accountant in the team
- Ad hoc analysis needed by senior management or accounting teams
- Revise the budgeting process, comparing to actuals; examine any anomalies and aim to resolve them
- Create a monthly report to display business activity and profitability
- Liaise with the Audit team
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proactive and innovative
- Collaborative nature, team player
- Organised, ability to coordinate and communicate effectively to balance workload
- Attention to detail
- Excellent excel/data manipulating skills
- Netsuite experience