*Head of IT - Manchester*
At Sporting House, we are committed to breaking down barriers for children to reach their true potential, whether that be building industry-leading leisure facilities, delivering quality programmes or training the next generation of coaches and teachers. Led by high profile Olympians, our brands swim!, ReCreation, Total Swimming Academies, Becky Adlington's SwimStars and Beth Tweddle Gymnastics engage over 30,000 children every week in activity.
Behind the scenes, we offer a fun and supportive working environment built on honesty, fairness and respect. Our people are at the heart of Sporting House and we are proud to offer bespoke training and fantastic opportunities for those who want to develop and progress.
As we continue to grow at a rapid pace, we're looking for a forward thinking and driven Head of IT to join our Head Office team.
Reporting into the Finance Director, you'll ensure the wider business runs efficiently and smoothly via the management of systems, processes and software. You'll work to bring exciting development projects to fruition and implement change, taking our business to the next level.
This is your opportunity to lead the way in an exciting and growing business, so a go-getter attitude will make you stand out from the crowd! A passion for providing opportunities for children in sport and an understanding of the leisure industry is a big plus. If you think you have what it takes, we'd love to hear from you.
*Role: *Head of IT
*Reporting to: *Finance Director
*Based:* Whitefield Head Office, with option to occasionally work from home.
*Purpose of role: *The Head of IT will ensure the wider business run efficiently and smoothly on a day to day basis, by overseeing a number of integral systems, software and processes. To enhance the business commercially and operationally, they will lead and deliver on a number of key projects and initiatives.
* Delivery of key projects such as scoping and delivering a new CRM system within 12 months and launching new multi branded websites.
* Working with other project leads to deliver key software systems to transform the wider business.
* Excellent project management skills and utilisation/understanding of project management software to ensure projects are kept on time and within budget.
* Working closely with the senior team to collaborate, develop and deliver a unified approach and initiatives across the business, identifying and utilising all the resources available.
* Scoping of systems with the ability to unpick previous systems to ensure that there is no loss of functionality whilst increasing the capabilities of the whole business.
* Understanding and ability to work cross departmentally to ensure that all systems can work efficiently together.
* Management of a number of systems / software, such as membership management, direct debit collection and access control, and liaison with the third-party suppliers.
* Management of the necessary aspects and fulfilment of completing the initiatives and projects.
* Management of financial controls where necessary in relation to the projects and initiatives worked on.
* Regular reporting to senior management re: project progress, performance, issues and improvements including the delivery of detailed multi-level reports and analysis.
* Collaborative selection and appointment of new partners / suppliers where necessary.
* Monitoring and implementation of key trends, technologies and developments in the industry.
* Identification of opportunities for growth, development, cost saving initiatives and positive change.
* Working closely with other departments to be able to identify and deliver 'continuous improvement' across the sites to enhance the staff and member experience.
*The ideal candidate will have:*
* Relevant experience and demonstrable success in a similar role
* Previous experience of delivering multiple IT projects concurrently
* Good leadership qualities with the ability to provide direction
* A clear passion for strong operational delivery
* A proactive attitude, strong work ethic and desire to succeed
* A proven ability to work independently
* A strong sense of accountability
* Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
* Excellent IT skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Confidence and excellent presentation skills
* A full, clean driving licence