Pershing, owned by BNY Mellon, provides a broad range of financial business solutions to investment banks, broker-dealers, wealth managers, financial planners and advisers across EMEA. We provide sophisticated front-end technology and flexible middle office capabilities with execution, settlement and custody services. These are supported by a robust regulatory and compliance framework with dedicated client asset experience and expertise.
We have been trusted, tested and proven to protect our clients' interests while bringing them safety, certainty and greater profitability. They know they can rely on our industry expertise, our innovative solutions and our powerful technology. Leaders in their fields, our clients choose Pershing because we are a leader in ours.
We are looking for an experienced Team Lead for the Platform Development team. The Platform team creates and supports core platform capabilities, core libraries, and the CI / CD pipelines that the Development department uses. The Team Lead should be highly technical and able to lead in the design of new core platform capabilities, help solve complex technical implementation challenges, and to be able to provide support for complex production problems. You will also be the line manager for the UK team members and the matrix functional manager for the India team members.
The right person will be joining a team that fully believes and invests in whatever it takes to deliver quality, including TDD, Continuous Integration and the automation of anything they can. The team have been a key driver in quality and best practices across the department and you must believe and want to contribute to this.
The correct candidate should also enjoy working collaboratively with the team and the business to solve very technical problems by leading or contributing during technical workshops and discussions, as well as love working with more junior members of the team to help improve and grow the teams' skills and experience.
Pershing EMEA is always working on many different projects, across many different portfolios, that involve many different teams. Whether that be extending our new Pershing Nexus Wealth and Pershing Nexus applications, or simply finding new and simple ways for our clients to meet the ever-changing landscape of regulatory requirements, you will get to work in a fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment.
We are also on the cusp of a major company-wide transformation project that will set the company in good stead for its planned future growth. In the development department, you will have the chance to drive and shape the changes required to allow us to grow to our full potential, both from a technical and process perspective. The Platform team will focus on developing the new platform capabilities that are required by the new Target Architecture.
- Leading the Platform team on project delivery
- Acting as the senior technical expert
- Enjoy delivering highly complex, scalable and robust solutions
- Help contribute to planning and estimations of upcoming work
- Contribute to technical and design workshops
- Ensure team adhere to best practices within the team such as TDD and Continuous Integration
- Believe and be involved in the continuous improvement of the team
- Critically review code and ensure this skill is improved on across the team
- Work with the team and the wider development team to grow and help adopt Agile mind-sets and behaviours
- Research and consider how new technologies could be used at Pershing
- Work with the Development and Architecture teams to develop and establish best practices
- Considering performance, scalability and security when designing and implementing solutions
- Contribute in the rollout of new tools and applications that improve the development process
Skills & Experience
- Strong team leadership experience
- Past experience of hands on development with the latest versions of .Net and C#
- Past experience of hands on development using T-SQL to query and update data
- Good knowledge of SOLID principles and various design patterns
- Good knowledge of OOP
- Experience and knowledge in Agile delivery (ideally experience in SCRUM)
- Experience in delivering high volume and highly available enterprise applications
- Good knowledge of database systems and designs
- Experience and good knowledge in TDD, Continuous Integration and Automation
- Experience with CI and Automation tools
- Be able to critically analyse designs and provide constructive feedback
- Be able to critically analyse code and provide constructive feedback
- Be able to create useful and in-depth documentation
- Be able to communicate well with technical and non-technical people
- Good verbal and written communication skills