At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible - and we're proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
American Express entered the travel agency business in 1915, and today is one of the world's largest luxury travel and lifestyle service networks. The Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) business provides exclusive access, differentiated value, extraordinary service, and unrivalled expertise to Card Members seeking leisure or business travel, as well as a variety of lifestyle services. The Global Digital Customer Experience is a strategic focus area for growth within Travel and Lifestyle Services and there is significant continuing investment to transform and optimize our digital proposition and capabilities. American Express Travel Online not only drives direct revenue and cost savings but also plays an important role in overall Card product engagement, loyalty and satisfaction.About the Role
We are looking for a skilled React engineer to join our team, bring in experience, learn tools and processes, and help the team deliver new customer facing travel experiences. You will be building websites and front-end applications that power the extraordinary service our customers expect from American Express. You will design, develop, solve problems, debug, deploy, and document software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications. The ideal candidate must be:
Key Responsibilities Software Development
- willing and able to express new ideas, concerns, and opinions directly to team
- proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, and results driven
- willing to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
- Function as member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Participate in code reviews and automated testing
- Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Enable the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
- Automate deployments in test or production environments using CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
- Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
- Experienced working as part of an agile engineering team and contributing to regular agile ceremonies.
- Knowledge of cloud and CI/CD technologies, and how to get code into production quickly and reliably.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
- Additionally, experienced with Full stack engineering, preferably in developing APIs using Java and Springboot framework.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org