We are recruiting for an additional UX Consultant to join a project team working for a Central Government customer.
The key accountabilities of the role are:
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
- Work as a senior UX practitioner within a team of UX consultants (BAE Systems and/or client) occasionally taking on a lead UX role, own specific work areas and coach others when needed.
- Review and prioritise user requirements, often across complex, disperse audience types cross referenced with business critical objectives and goals, demonstrating sensitivity to a wide variety of factors.
- Lead the client engagement for specific areas of work concerning UX including requirements gathering, stakeholder validation, user testing and engagement and validation with other work-streams.
- Take ownership of one or more areas of work including planning, identifying risks and regular reports to the project manager. On very small UX engagements, they may be expected to assume the duties of a PM if one is not provided.
- Plan and facilitate effective workshops from workshop planning and design, through client engagement and facilitation to results and translating outputs into materials that improve the UX of a project.
- Apply our standard UCD approaches as well as broader BAE Systems methodologies on client engagements with assistance / direction from senior management, and takes the lead in specific areas.
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.