Job Description: Job Title:
Software Engineer III Corporate Title:Vice President Location:London Role Description:
- Hands on senior engineer role within the FX Derivatives and Risk team to lead and execute development across multiple projects concurrently including IBOR, FTB, Calculator Migration and Intraday Risk.
- The role sits within the newly established Global FX and Derivatives Technology team who cover G10 Risk, STIRT Pricing & Risk, FX Options eTrading and all FX Options applications.
- Global FX and Derivatives Technology has team member presence across Hong Kong, Singapore, London, Bromley, Dublin, New York and India.
We pride ourselves on being approachable and a great team to work with day in day out combined with a deliver focused work ethic. Core Skills:
- Exceptional development skills in any OO or Functional language including but not limited to Python (preferred), C#, Java, or C++.
- First-hand experience in electronic trading technology, managing client connectivity and Algorithmic pricing.
- Knowledge or experience of agile development (e.g. XP, SCRUM, Kanban) and continuing integration.
- Experience with large scale, globally distributed financial systems with an emphasis on high availability.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills in a high-pressure environment.
- Must possess a solid degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics or relevant analytical degree.
- Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures and design patterns including why and where to use them.
- Strong understanding of Messaging Middleware concepts, usage and application Experience in TCP/IP networking
- Candidate must be a strong team player with excellent communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of contemporary development processes, build environments and testing tools.
- Experience in 3rd line production support.
- Comfortable in communicating with business users
Nice to have
- Derivative/Options product knowledge, preferably within FX.
- Front Office experience, preferably in a FX or other Fixed Income or Derivatives Trading environments.
- Experience of integrated Front Office Development environments (examples include, but are not limited to, Sec DB, Athena, and Quartz.)
- Working knowledge of one of FIX Protocol (4.4), FpML or other standard financial models.
- Experience of connectivity to third party systems such as broker feeds and trade repositories.
- Knowledge of an SQL or NoSQL database.
- Degree at Bachelors level in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics or Computer Science; or equivalent experience
Previous work experience in developing software applications in a financial institution preferable, but not critical Bank of America:
Every day, across the globe, our employees bring a commitment to our purpose and to driving responsible growth by living our values: deliver together, act responsibly, realize the power of our people and trust the team. A key aspect of driving responsible growth is doing so in a sustainable manner, a critical pillar of which is being a great place to work for our teammates.
In line with these values, in EMEA we have 9 Employee Networks, a wide range of Sports & Social clubs, and other development and networking opportunities so that you can enjoy a range of experiences and connect with colleagues across the bank. We also offer exclusive discounts to some of the most iconic cultural experiences for you to enjoy in your spare time outside of work. Learn more about our benefits here.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements. As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.