At Capgemini Invent, we bring to life what's next for our clients.
By combining strategy, technology, data science, and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we partner with our clients to innovate and transform their business, helping them navigate today, while plotting a course for the future.
About Capgemini Invent
As the digital innovation, design and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent enables CxOs to envision and shape the future of their businesses. Located in more than 36 offices and 37 creative studios around the world, it comprises a 10,000+ strong team of strategists, data scientists, product and experience designers, brand experts and technologists who develop new digital services, products, experiences and business models for sustainable growth.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get The Future You Want
Who you'll be working with
Our Digital Architects are the architects of positive futures and are at the heart of driving better business outcomes with and for our clients. As part of shaping this future, we use talented Architects to deliver leading-edge digital solutions for our clients, combining a clear understanding of business value and a consultative approach to make the difference.
Working with leading architects, technology consultants and business sector experts, you will be at the heart of delivering profitable outcomes in business- and technology-oriented environments, helping a broad range of private- and public-sector clients to achieve their strategic goals. Our DevOps Architects sit within the Digital Architecture guild, part of the Business Technology practice in Capgemini Invent. We are a dynamic community that values growth, professional development and the ability to make a real difference. We work in diverse multi-disciplinary teams, hand-in-glove with our clients.
Our DevOps Architects play a pivotal role in realising clients' business outcomes. They are at the forefront of maximising automation for lean software development. They are unbounded thinkers and doers. They reimagine enterprises' entire operating models recognising the capacity for DevOps to transform business capabilities beyond the software delivery function.
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses and lives. It's really rewarding. And it's also really varied. You'll potentially work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of experience in a short amount of time.
Collaboration and Innovation:
We really believe in creating a partnership with our customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you'll get to know the customer's needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It'll help you discover unexpected answers together.
What you'll bring to the Digital Architecture team
The focus of your role, as a DevOps Architect, will be two-fold.
As an advancing DevOps Architect your focus will be supporting agile delivery teams to maximise the benefits of software automation on working with those initiating change or development teams to define development architectures and support DevOps adoption.
As an advanced DevOps Architect, you will set the agenda for clients' evolution of their entire operating models in pursuit of becoming the agile enterprise.
• Define compelling visions for DevOps and how, through it, Digital Delivery achieves transformational results in the enterprise's mission
• Secure executive commitment and funding for adoption of DevOps
• Define development environment architectures
• Select appropriate DevOps automation tooling for the context
• Advise and guide implementation and integration of DevOps toolchain
• Participate in defining delivery operating models and development methods
• Contribute to establishing an Agile delivery culture and the place of DevOps within it
• Conduct quality and lean process improvement - applying Design Thinking for review of development processes to determine failure risks, waits, bottlenecks and develop automation improvements
• Maintain familiarity with emerging and leading practices and tooling
• Communicate with both business and IT teams at all levels to ensure alignment and either change the solution or pivot when necessary
• Utilise data-driven decision making and build appropriate recommendations for your client
• Cultivate strong relationships among working teams and have exposure to senior leadership
You will collaborate with...
• Our Digital Factories Tribe to advise on adoption of DevOps tooling, create environments through DevOps to support software delivery by engineers
• Our Digital Acceleration Tribe to develop DevOps opportunities and advise on delivery operating models to exploit the potential of DevOps
To be part of this team, you will have a mixture of the following experience:
• Selection, architecture definition, implementation and use of:
o automated CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins, TeamCity, GitLab CI etc.
o infrastructure automation and provisioning tooling such as Terraform
o Compliance and security in CI/CD
o Orchestration and creation of containers such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
o Productivity, Knowledge and Collaboration tooling
• Experience of DevOps on leading cloud platforms such as Azure, GCP, AWS, Oracle Cloud
• Digital delivery/development Target Operating Models, including orientation to the enterprise's value motivation and value outcome
• Establishment of new ways of working, achieving cultural change and winning hearts and minds
• Software development, testing, configuration management
• Agile delivery methods and ceremonies
• Business and investment case development
What we offer
Capgemini Invent offers a cultural environment for architects to learn, to take ownership and contribute to business growth
- Our consultants are formally trained from industry experts on management consulting and client delivery. Examples of these include Agile delivery (Scrum Master, Product Owner, Scaled Agile Framework) and technologies (AWS, Azure) and Cyber security (CISSP, CISM)
- Client engagements give you the opportunity to work with our leadership and experienced consulting management, where you can learn from them, challenge them and accelerate your hands-on experience, delivery capability and industry insights.
- You'll learn how we write compelling client propositions, structure and lead high-profile transformation, and gain hands-on exposure to leading technologies, often taking an idea from a concept to a vision, to strategy and then execution
- We hold monthly showcases of our digital transformation initiatives, sharing knowledge and showing off how the power of technology is impacting our clients.
- There are monthly team drinks, and it's a chance to connect face-to-face with the wider team over a few drinks in the city. The monthly team breakfasts give you a different, more relaxed setting to meet up in the office on Fridays to hear from the leadership, meet colleagues and discuss the trends and insights within the market. Team away days are always a chance to connect with the team, have fun and learn something new - sometimes even pizza-making or shuffle boarding
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There's an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you'll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another - collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
We're also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we're working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone's access to a digital world. It's something we're really serious about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world's most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you'll join a team that does the right thing.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/ This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.