The Horizontal Business Services department is part of the Central Tech Organization at Booking.com. We have a team of highly skilled engineers whose mission is enabling all product verticals and business units to integrate, store, and access entities relevant to the whole connected trip, be them users and accounts, reservation transactions ranging from accommodation reservations to train reservations, etc. through our services. We are centrally connected to the application layers of different customer-facing business verticals, but also with back-office, compliance-ensuring, and business-intelligence systems such as Payments, FP&A, Billing, and Security.
The Order Platform is the home for all reservation data in Booking.com. Every time a customer clicks on the book button, we become the source of truth of the reservation that was made. We orchestrate its creation and any other subsequent changes, we store the data and make it available via multiple access patterns.
We build components and services that serve all product groups (accommodations, flights, rental cars, taxis, attractions etc.), and also many downstream business units (Finance, Customer Service, Machine Learning Services, Marketing, Partner Service etc.).
We enable the business to quickly check out orders, sell new products, execute and add new workflows, trigger AI and automated feedback to order events, help the customer, and generate order reports and views.
We build highly available, data intensive, and large scale Java services on top of industry leading technologies. We put the business, reliability, data governance, and compliance at the center of everything we do. B. Responsible
- Combine hands on coding with working on impactful project(s) and supporting other team members,
- Solve business problems, work cross-functionally and lead initiatives to improve our development process and business opportunities within Booking.com,
- Take initiative to address the larger technical needs of the product you work on and always keep the customer at the center of everything you do,
Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through recruitment efforts and proactively share your knowledge to help your colleagues grow,
- Represent Booking.com values, both within the company and in the external community,
- Advocate for a collaborative working environment - turn "my ideas" into "our ideas"
- You are a humble and thought leader, you lead by example and gain your teammates respect through your actions and not your title,
- You have strong programming skills and experience with 2+ server-side programming languages, including Java
- You have 10+ years of experience as a Software Developer, you've worked with web applications, distributed systems and product(s) that impact millions of customers,
- Experience with design, development, testing, and monitoring of large-scale and data-intensive systems
- You are an excellent communicator and you are able to influence and cooperate with people at all levels,
- You have driven successful technical, business and people related initiatives that improved productivity, performance and quality,
- You have a 'can do' attitude and you act proactively and not reactively,
- It would be great if you have prior experience with mentoring, coaching and training team members
- Performance-based company that offers 25 vacation days, career advancement, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the "Booking Deal" including other perks and benefits
- Company-sponsored family and social activities
- Diverse and creative colleagues from every corner of the world
- Generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Manchester
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.