The Infrastructure Sector Practice (ISP) is located across the UK in London, Ipswich and Edinburgh and provides advisory and transactional services to projects that are financed including work within the Renewable Energy sector.
We support clients throughout the full asset lifecycle; from bid stage, construction and operations through to decommissioning and disposal/handback. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting senior team members with their portfolio of clients.
The role could be based in any of the above offices. The Role Client Relationship Management
- Day to day client service of designated clients / accounts or projects , answering queries received directly from clients and geographies, communicating by voice as well as email including:
- cover advice
- contract reviews, where appropriate
- additions/deletions of cover
- Technical analysis, renewal strategy, coverage review and alternative programme design
- Data review, validation and manipulation
- Application of technical and client knowledge to full suite of documentation required to place business (including Market Presentations, MRC, Endorsements etc) post drafting
- Interpretation and review of quotations, to ensure fit for purpose and meet client demands/needs
- Where applicable negotiation of renewal terms/quotations and mid-term cover alterations and completion of Underwriting submissions/Renewal Reports - applying both technical and bespoke client knowledge to finalise post drafting.
- Completion of summaries of insurance for all interested parties (client / network) - applying both technical and client knowledge post drafting
- Attendance at key client meetings
- Working with clients, Insurers and overseas geographies to address and resolve technical and portfolio issues outside of renewal
- Liaison with other divisions/offices of Willis to provide portfolio management for mid-term requirements
- The above list is intended to be as accurate a reflection of the role as possible. However, it may be revised from time to time if different tasks commensurate with the role or level of responsibility are needed to be performed and/or when circumstances change.
- Actively participate in the sales process in relation to winning, retaining and developing profitable new clients
Operational and Service Delivery
- Work closely and maintain strong working relationships with the appropriate Broking team and market contacts as required
- Ensure transparency of agency and other commitments made by carriers to clients
- Ensure compliant processing of contracts as per FCA and contract certainty requirements
- Ensure accurate loading of data in to the Eclipse system within agreed time and quality standards
- Check policies, market presentations and client documentation in conjunction with colleagues in Mumbai as appropriate
- Deliver the required ongoing client service, adhering to standardised policies, procedures and service standards
- Communicate effectively with clients, associates, markets and others where appropriate to maximise service delivery levels
- Ensure adherence to Group policies, procedures and all regulatory requirements
- Support the overall operational governance and decision making process
- Support management and Willis in the management of risks
Equal opportunity employer This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
- Whilst experience within Insurance Broking or Underwriting would be of interest, we are also able to consider candidates who wish to build their career in this line of work.
- Skilled at building effective relationships, at all levels, with clients, prospects, associates, insurers and external specialists
- Ability to represent Willis with integrity and credibility
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Experience of working with and adhering to processes and systems to support client service delivery