Covenant Review, part of the Fitch Group, is the market leader in high yield bond and loan covenant analysis to the European and North American leveraged finance community. We're now hiring an experienced qualified lawyer in leveraged finance as a Senior Covenant Analyst in Europe, to join on a fixed-term contract covering maternity leave. Job Description:
- Write analytical research on leveraged loan covenants as new issuances are marketed in the primary market. Candidates must have extensive experience in analyzing complicated covenant packages with an eye towards potential sponsor-type aggressive transactions.
- Aid asset managers and CLO managers understand the most important terms of the covenants and suggest improvements.
- Write research on leveraged loan covenants for secondary market transactions.
- Write event-driven research and reports on special situations as they develop in the market. This includes analyzing an issuer's capital structure and producing special reports on how various covenants in the borrower's debt documents may be implicated by various potential transactions.
- Answer client questions on the covenants of various borrowers, which can vary from very simple to complex inquiries, and can include assisting senior portfolio managers who are time sensitive
- Assist juniors on their leveraged finance training and answering questions on their related work
- Assist in developing a data product that is being developed across Fitch
- Work with our sister companies that are part of the Fitch Group, including CapitalStructure as well as Fitch Ratings
- Leading and / or speaking at client pitches, seminars, and teach-in
- Speaking at industry conferences
- Extensive, relevant legal experience - particularly in leveraged finance (primary, secondary, distressed markets)
- A keen commercial awareness of financial markets and leveraged finance
- A strong track record of working with leveraged loan documentation
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills conveying messages accurately and concisely
- Team player, but also able to work effectively alone (help is always available)
#LI-Solutions This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.