Associate Financial Trainer - Insurance
London, UK Company Brief
Fitch Learning is a leader in financial services training. With unrivalled breadth and depth, the company delivers learning solutions for apprentices and graduates, to those with many years' experience in Financial Services. A truly global company, we have offices in New York, London, Singapore, Hong Kong and Dubai, providing services to financial institutions across the globe.
Fitch Learning is part of the Fitch Group which also includes Fitch Ratings, Fitch Solutions, Fitch Ventures and Sustainable Fitch. Agile and fast-paced, we currently tailor learning solutions to a wide range of Financial Services clients in more than 40 countries.
We're looking for committed individuals with drive, flexibility and passion to help us deliver world-class learning experiences to our clients. In return, Fitch Learning offers a dynamic environment with considerable support and stability more often associated with larger corporate environments. It's a place where you can really make a difference. Role Purpose
As an associate with Fitch Learning, we'll collaborate with you to design and deliver insurance training programmes, covering inter alia accounting, regulation and credit analysis, for our Financial Services clients such as banks, regulators, multi-lateral organisations and other financial institutions. In conjunction with full access to the latest relevant Fitch Ratings and insurance research, courses are currently delivered both virtually and in-person, both to in-house clients as well as via public courses in various international locations. Role Responsibilities
- You should be confident presenting, what at times can be, complex topics calmly and coherently in an entertaining and engaging way
- Willing and eager to further your knowledge of the subject matter you will be delivering, with a desire to develop your teaching skills, both virtually and in-person, and further your knowledge of the subject matter you will be delivering.
- Assist in the preparation and regular updating of insurance training material, ideally covering a number of major international insurance markets
- Develop a full understanding of the objectives of the courses, the training material and participants' learning goals.
- Extensive front office, relationship management, consultancy, actuarial or accounting experience within a leading commercial bank, investment bank or other relevant financial institution with an excellent understanding of international insurance clients and markets
- Effective communication and listening skills with a passion for educating course participants, augmented by your many years of experience working in and around international insurers and markets
- Ideally, you will possess a working knowledge of insurance credit risk concepts, basic valuation of technical provisions and a structural understanding of insurance supervisory frameworks such as Solvency II
- You will already have experience of training, either virtually or in-centre, in a professional environment;
- High levels of professionalism and cultural awareness appropriate to our industry
#LI-AC2 This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.