This is an exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer to join our Broking Platform Data and Analytics team as we look to move our data capabilities into the cloud utilising Azure.
Don't worry, you don't need previous Azure experience, we'll help support your development here. What you will have is a background in data warehouse development, data ingestion and integration, designing and implementing ETL pipelines and ideally some data modelling experience.
You'll be an enthusiastic learner, keen and inquisitive towards new technologies and methods. The Role Key Responsibilities:
The Requirements Your skills and experience: Personal Skills
- Develop high-quality solutions using Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL Server, Power BI and Azure Analysis Services.
- Design, build and implement data pipelines from a variety of input data sources.
- Work with key business consumers to prototype, build and enhance data interfaces, reporting data marts and analytical models.
- Work closely with other members of the team and business stakeholders to leverage opportunities within our data for business value.
- Peer review the code of other team members, to ensure a focus on consistency, maintainability and performance.
- Participate in the support of existing data solutions and reports.
- Intentionally inclusive of others.
- Passion for learning new technologies and understanding the needs of diverse users.
- Curious, data-driven, and able to self-start in a dynamic, rapidly evolving environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and able to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to work under pressure and shift priorities depending on business needs.
- Ability to interpret business conversations and translate them into deliverables.
Data engineering using Microsoft technologies either in Azure or on-premise using some or all of the following:
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Databricks
- Azure Data Lake
- SQL Server
- Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Integration Services (SSIS)
- Power BI
- Experience working in an Agile DevOps environment.
- Previous cloud migration experience would be an advantage.