Cyber Risk Solutions is a risk and insurance advisory services team embedded within Willis Towers Watson's Global FINEX (financial, executive, and professional risk and insurance) practice. The remit of the team is to:
Service client & prospect demand for cyber risk assessment and insurance advisory services;
Support FINEX's core insurance broking business through risk insight, proprietary data and analytical tools, differentiating our proposition in RFPs and with existing client to up-sell and cross-sell.
Support FINEX central initiatives e.g. thought leadership articles and research into cyber risks and threats.
You will be joining a market leading team which provides cyber insurance and consultancy services bringing together capabilities across Global FINEX cyber and the wider Willis Towers Watson (WTW) group of companies. The team is collaborative, innovative, and welcoming and advocates for growth personally and professionally across the firm.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a candidate looking for a demanding and client-facing risk and insurance advisory role. Global FINEX
Global FINEX is part of Willis Towers Watson and is a division of the Corporate Risk & Broking segment that acts as a knowledge base for Willis Towers Watson worldwide, with our teams of experts in Financial, Executive and Professional Risks providing specialist advice and services to our clients and associates.
We have 700+ colleagues based in Great Britain/ Europe, International (Asia, Latin America, Middle East, Africa and Australasia) and North America, who act on behalf of organisations from global conglomerates and government institutions to regional practices and medium size enterprise. We are specialists who utilise deep industry experience to provide tailored risk management solutions. The Role Cyber risk exposure analysis/ insurance optimisation.
Cyber data analysis:
- With changing supply and demand in the cyber insurance market, there is an opportunity to provide impartial, timely and evidence-based advice and guidance to existing and prospective client organisations. The successful candidate will be work closely with our cyber broking team(s) to better articulate a client's cyber security and insurance risk profile and subsequently support the insurance / risk transfer options available and the relative cost/ benefit of different solutions and strategies.
- Our clients are looking to better understand how cyber and technology risk permeates their business. The candidate will engage proprietary quantitative models (e.g., Cyber Quantified) and will work with WTW's specialist quantitative analysis teams to quantify and communicate risk exposure to clients.
Cyber risk gap analysis/ insurance risk mapping:
- At Willis Towers Watson we have invested heavily in collecting and structuring data which can be used for the benefit of our clients. The candidate will use WTW and external data to provide our clients and cyber broking team with information that they can use to guide risk management improvements and security strategy development, insurance purchasing decisions and new product development/ innovation.
The Requirements Competencies
- Linking client risk issues to insurance is an area of growing client demand and a key differentiator for FINEX. The candidate will be working with colleagues to align client cyber risk exposures to insurance mitigation and communicating output and recommendations to clients.
This is a great opportunity for an individual(s) with good statistical, analytical and communication skills. The candidate will develop their knowledge of key subject matter and how challenge data to produce insightful reports. The individual will support the team in creating reports and presentations, eventually moving towards the presenting of reporting outputs to small groups, either individually or as part of a group. Core competencies to be developed
Experience to be developed
- Sales and Client management
- Consulting and Project Management
- Risk and data analytics
The successful candidate will possess or have the potential to develop:
- Knowledge of board level cyber risks and the emerging cyber threat landscape / key trends etc..
- 3 years industry experience in a cyber / information security and / or cyber insurance role (desirable).
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
- Ability to demonstrate high-level knowledge and awareness of information and cyber security concepts, technologies and frameworks / standards.
- Industry-recognised certifications / qualifications commensurate with experience. For this role, the successful candidate may possess one or some of the following: CISMP, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+), ISO27001 LI / LA, CRISC, CISA, CCSP, CISM, CISSP. All qualifications will be considered based on their direct applicability to the role. Opportunities for continued Professional Development will be available.
- Excel and presentation of analysis skills
- Analytical skills - the ability to generate insightful outputs from large data sets
- Interpersonal skills
- Research and report writing skills
- Project management
- Attention to detail
- Written communication skills for report analysis and commentary
- Verbal communication skills required to explain process steps and requirements to internal & external audiences including other departments within Willis Towers Watson
- Ability to manage own time, work on own initiative and to meet often tight deadlines
- The desire to learn, to be pragmatic and flexible