Our Willis Towers Watson Data Solutions team supports clients in the strategic planning and implementation of data management programmes that support wider business objectives.
Overview of the role:
Our data services span a range of clients with different UK pension administration systems and our solutions are either delivered within the team, across several areas of the Willis Towers Watson business or in partnership with specialist external suppliers.
As a fast-growing team, we want individuals from a defined benefit pensions background with strong SQL skills to join our Technology team working on data related projects.
The candidate will play an essential role overseeing and carrying out the onboarding and transformation of data and developing our SQL based technology, applying best practice to deliver our product sets. Key aspects of the role are
The Requirements The essential skills/experience for this role are:
- Analysis, mapping, migration and transformation of data
- The development of MS-SQL queries and procedures
- The development and management of bespoke and standard tools to assist calculation processing
- The creation and documentation of data audit tests and procedures
- The creation of stored procedures, views and functions, optimising stability and performance
- Database management
- Adhering to data security and excellence standards
- Identifying solutions and improvements to maximise efficiencies, minimise risk and contribute to profitability
Other desirable skills/experience are:
- Strong knowledge and experience of UK DB Pension arrangements
- Knowledge of some of the most widely used UK pension administration platforms and onboarding data from those systems
- Strong SQL skills
- Experienced at adapting standard tools for wider purposes or tailoring solution to client requirements
- Familiar with the principles of product development lifecycles
- A firm commitment to delivering high quality service
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Inquisitive, self-starter attitude and ability to work with ambiguity
Equal Opportunity Employer This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
- Good understanding of T-SQL programming; Able to develop, implement and optimise stored procedures, functions, tables and databases using T-SQL
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases
- Experience in data auditing, data cleanse or other pensions and GMP exercises
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- A proven track record in delivering multiple projects at the same time
- Able to take ownership and lead on strands of development
- A clear, concise and confident communicator of complex or technical issues to a broad audience