Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences.
We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery's global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the U.S. on January 4, 2021.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Analytics Manager to join our collaborative Digital Analytics & Insights team. In this role, you will work closely with the Product & Engineering teams to understand and improve the customer experience of digital products used by millions of customers. This is a fantastic opportunity to generate and share insights with highly engaged stakeholders. If you have an insatiable curiosity and passion for uncovering insights through data and analytics, then we would love to talk to you about joining our team. Responsibilities
- Lead and project manage analytical initiatives that affect customer experience, with a focus on key product features.
- Partner with business leads to identify key performance metrics and reporting needs
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data analysis techniques to identify insights that will improve customer experience and drive product growth
- Communicate and present key insights to stakeholders
- Become well versed in a variety of analytics tools and evangelize digital analytics to promote self-service, efficiency, and best practices within the company
- Build strong relationships with internal teams to consistently understand analytical needs and train new team members
- Monitor engagement data and product quality metrics to identify data anomaly and participate in the investigation
- Conduct analyses after product and/or feature launches, with a keen eye for uncovering and troubleshooting any data quality issues or nuances
- Work with leadership to prioritize analytics projects in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Identify and explore new opportunities through creative analytics methods
- Collaborate closely with other analytics team members, product managers and engineers to ensure analytics is integrated into every aspect of the product and provides a holistic view of our users.
- Synthesize and communicate analytics insights to inform actionable decisions to different stakeholders.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
- BA/BS degree in Math/Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related fields
- At least 5 years of experience with digital analytics - Product and/or Media experience preferred
- Experience with Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics
- Experience with analytics tools such as Athena, Redshift/BigQuery, Splunk, etc.
- Experience with SQL, R, and/or Python
- Experience with analytics debugging tools such as Charles
- Tableau or PowerBI experience is a plus
- Naturally inquisitive with strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude and an open mind are a necessity.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to act independently and responsibly.
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills and the ability to distill complex analyses or concepts into understandable terms
- Self-starter, comfortable initiating projects from design to execution with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage and balance multiple (and sometimes competing) priorities
- in a fast-paced, complex business environment and can manage time effectively to consistently meet deadlines.Team player and relationship builder.
- Experience with digital products, streaming services, or subscription products are preferred.